JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very true, but I must admit, I shouldn't have "just" said Glock fans, I should have stated hardcore fanboys in general.

What I feel happens is, they feel threatened of someone elses decision, because it calls attention or questions their own reasoning to their decisions. They then feel they have to "defend" their decision/purchase, because they are convinced that their reasoning is sound. No matter how radical the approach.

I have to envy them. If that's all they have to worry about in life they must be doing well. I have things like my family, my friends and career that I'd rather concern myself about. I cringe, but move on. It just saddens me to see ourselves in that sort of state of thinking.

There are ways of getting someone to understand your point of view without effectively bashing theirs. It takes self confidence, an open mind and patience.

...It takes self confidence...
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

There are some people who just haven't developed past the high school mindset of letting the crowd define their identity (either by following it or rebelling against it).

I just got a Glock 17, and went out and got a Keltec Sub-2000 that takes the same mags. I was kind of leery of it at first due to all the hype, but the 1 million round torture test is kind of hard to argue with. I got these guns because I like 9mm, I can get very reliable 33 round mags for around $30, they both fit into a briefcase, and they got great reviews online. They are for my wife as she can handle 9mm. I got both of these for around $600 for both of them, which is great (IMHO) for a pistol and a carbine in the same caliber that take the same magazines. Now, I wouldn't have gotten the Glock 17 if I didn't plan on getting the Sub-2000, but they make a good little pair. I had a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm that I stupidly sold. I loved that gun. I guess when I look for a gun I look for economy mostly, which makes my choice alot easier. Just my 2 pennies.

( HIDES UNDER BED )
That there is funny :D
There are some products that you must force yourself to buy. Example #1: I forced myself to buy my wife a very ugly Toyota van about 14 years and 225,000 miles ago. I want to buy her a new car now but this this van will not die and we have done nothing to the running gear. It'll probably go another 200,000. Example #2; I have a friend who is married to a :eek: women but man she is a great wife. Point is; Glocks are this way to my eye - very :eek: but probably a great product - just like my friends wife.

(TELLS SWEETBEARD TO MAKE SOME ROOM FOR ME UNDER BED)

I also love my Glock and my carry piece is a G-19 also. But hey if you don't like glocks you can go out and buy any of the copycat designs now made by all the major manufacturers!! Not sure they work as well but you might feel better that its not a Glock!

HMMM I never wanted a Glock really, too much hype

( HIDES UNDER BED )

Sometimes hype is justified.

glock001.jpg
glock007.jpg
glock008.jpg
glock006.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I have owned a number of Rugers, a Baretta or two, a Rossi, a Smith, a Kimber, H&K and MANY Glocks. have never found anything better. My carry gun is a Glock 19 ( in the pic) with CT laser, 3m grip tape, swapped out the extractor and the trigger for a smooth one. It is the best carry gun I have ever owned. I didn't own handguns at 18, I waited until I knew better BEFORE finding Glock.

Don't know if it is the greatest since sliced bread, but LEOs love them!
Easy to maintain, reliable, and parts and mags are cheap and drop in
pretty much. Both of two used, and are favorite to go handguns out of
many. Both in the 40 SW. The model 27 is my every day hiddy gun
with the model 22 duty. Beauty part is every mag from 9 to the largest
capacity 40 Cal will fit the sub compact 27.

I wouldn't say "LEO's Love 'em" It's more like, LEO's are forced to carry them because it's what the dept.'s mandate.

Admin's love them becaue they're cheap to buy.......but for people with small hands, there are much better choices out there.

No, not a hater. Just wouldn't own one.

It's a personal choice. If someone likes them, shoots them well.......you'll not hear a word from me. They are just not for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top