JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We pack a .45 because there isn't a .46!

yes there is

There's also a variety of .50

You want a .46? You cant handle a .46.
It's been available for 15 years, where have you been?

Either of these cartridges outperform the 45acp in nearly every way.

Tell the truth people. You carry a 45acp because you're weak and frightened of a real mans caliber.

Why would you want 45 ACP? It's slow, low capacity in a handgun. Expensive to shoot and train with. Slow to fire due to recoil. And there are better more modern cartridges.

See, I can do it to.
Low capacity?...my XD carries 15......I hope I never need any more. I carry a .45 because I started packing one in a LEDET in 1972. I know the round and I'm happy with the performance. Even if it is slow, it is fast enough to get all the way to the target and when it hits it leaves a nasty welt.

I'm sorry that I messed up and said "gunsite.com" when I meant to say GunCite: gun control and Second Amendment issues, Prof. Kleck's excellent website.

The Glock21SF is an amazing platform, offering up 15+1 of .45ACP with a +2 Pearce mag base. It's easy for me to grip and effortless to shoot - because of all that mass. But I wouldn't try to conceal it! Still, the 21SF is a great truck gun, just like the Glock 36 is IMO the ultimate CCW. The .45ACP is the standard by which other anti-personnel rounds are measured.

Im always a fan, the second gun I ever shot was a colt 45 1911 and I was in the first grade. That they I totally understood what a bullet could do, it blasted a huge whole in a tv monitor my dad had set up 10 feet in front of us almost dropped the pistol if my dad wasn't holding on to my arms. Plus its always fun being the guy shooting 45s in between all the glock 17/19 at the range. Makes for more complainers.

You know I have always been more accurate with a .45 in my hands.
Not sure why, fairly positive I don't care, they just seem to work for me.
Who needs 17 or 19 rounds if you can make just 1 hit the right spot?

I can't seem to understand this? Slow as in speed? I had someone ask me once "would you rather get hit by a freight train(.45) going 20 mph or a Ferrari (9mm/.40) going 120 mph"? I responded "it really does not matter, your dead either way"! Expense I can understand. But the last, slow to fire due to recoil?? I have to say, I am not sure how much time you have spent around guns but as compared to a .40 or 10mm the .45 is far easier to control and get back on target! The .45 has a push recoil as the .40 has an uncontrollable snap to the recoil. Not just my opinion many people on the forums agree the .45 has a much more controlled recoil.
But to each his own!

Why would you want 45 ACP? It's slow, low capacity in a handgun. Expensive to shoot and train with. Slow to fire due to recoil. And there are better more modern cartridges.

See, I can do it to.

I can't seem to understand this? Slow as in speed? I had someone ask me once "would you rather get hit by a freight train(.45) going 20 mph or a Ferrari (9mm/.40) going 120 mph"? I responded "it really does not matter, your dead either way"! Expense I can understand. But the last, slow to fire due to recoil?? I have to say, I am not sure how much time you have spent around guns but as compared to a .40 or 10mm the .45 is far easier to control and get back on target! The .45 has a push recoil as the .40 has an uncontrollable snap to the recoil. Not just my opinion many people on the forums agree the .45 has a much more controlled recoil.
But to each his own!

Just playing devils advocate (badly I might add). To assume that one cartridge is going to work for everyone in every situation is idiocy. The 45 is a good cartridge, but it isn't going to kill anyone anymore dead just because it's a .45. It still has to be put on target and used correctly. For those that say bigger is better, why aren't we carrying .50AE or all carrying .72 caliber muzzle loaders? How about a .480 Ruger or 500 S&W, they are bigger.

FWIW, I've spent plenty of time around guns and regularly shoot, 9x19, 9x18, .40 S&W, .38 special, .357 mag and the .45 ACP. To say the .40 has an "uncontrollable" snap is saying you're not holding the gun right. If millions of ham fisted LEO's out there can shoot the .40 well enough someone who can handle the great .45 should be able to as well. It's just as controllable as any other firearm.

From my person experience, I have shot the .45 ACP in three different 1911's and a .45 USP. I've shot .40 in a H&K P2000, G22 and G27. And 9mm in a 92f, G17 and G19. Do I shoot some better then others? Yes because I have more experience with them. Do I find any of them "uncontrollable"? No, not in the least. Like you yourself said, freight train or Ferrari, either way just as dead. So, what's the point of this thread. To stroke the ego of the .45 kool-aid drinkers and stoke the rage of the .45 haters. YMMV :D

As for the 10mm, I'd love to get a chance to put a few down range, I've never had the opportunity.

Why would you want anything but, 45 acp?

That's like asking why you'd want more than just burbon.

The .357 that's jabbing me in the ribs at this very moment is one reason. If I fire it I'm the house it'll at least leave the bad guy deaf and likely blind from the flash (nevermind it'll do it to me, too). I'm also pretty sure that if a pissed off elk were to storm into my path, that is the handgun I want.

The 9mm that I usually carry is just plain a joy to shoot and a double tap is almost boringly easy... plus I can afford to shoot it very often (haven't gotten into reloading yet).

The .40s&w... well... as much negative opinion I hear: the cz was damned fun last time I took it out.

As for a .45.... dunno. I don't own one. Yet.

I like .45 and was a long time packer of the cartridge (and gun haha), still have one, but now carry a G23 since kill time is same as .45 but can carry more ammo, simple as that, .380 backup when feel like it. Its not the recoil for me its the 13+2 mags (not counting +1 chamber) versus 10+1 in my .45 carry. check out ballistics on wikipedia. .40 is nasty! Its not so sissy either. 9mm is allright but not my first choice, since you have to go +P and yada yada to get as nasty as a .45 or .40. Side note .40 is a short 10mm, so am looking for a full size 10mm glock for woods gun since thats truly a modern nasty and serios firepower auto round. Just my opinion guys from my research, take it easy I still love .45, its great, just prefer more rounds, same firepower. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top