JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kind of reminds me of that potentially untrue story about a German military leader (or maybe the Kaiser himself) visiting Switzerland during the WW1 era. The German asks his Swiss counterpart how many men he could muster if Switzerland was invaded. The Swiss tells him that within 24 hours, he could raise an army of a million men. The German asks, "And what if I come back tomorrow with five million men?" The Swiss replies, "Then each of my men will fire five shots and go home."

For those who wish more than an You Tube account of Swiss society and its citizen soldiers, you might read:

La Place de la Concorde Suisse, by John McPhee (Pulitzer Prize winner). Written in English by an American journalist.

One reason the Germans never bothered the Swiss was they were producing arms for them (along with the neutral Swedes), allowing rail traffic through from Italy (taking Jews to the camps), and taking good care of the gold looted from occupied countrys. The US had pondered bombing some of the munition factories during the war, but appartenly a few members of our administration had assets in Switzerland too. Oh, and they were good marksmen.

No one has invaded Switzerland because they are the worlds money launderers and stay neutral in conflicts. They could be bombed into the stone age by a modern military.

Precisely. The two fold plan for not being invaded is possess no assets anyone wants, like oil, and develop a system that is useful if left undisturbed, like international banking.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews