JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We don't need no stinkin BUIS!

I run mine the way God intended, Fixed Carry handle irons!
If I fix an optic, it's with a look through carry handle mount!
1584918114238.png

I actually have a harebrained idea with offset BUIS--since my girlfriend is cross-dominant, would an Offset bring the irons over in front of her good eye?
It could, but offset sights are only good at relatively short (CQB) ranges.

Bullet-drop will remain a vertical constant, 45° off of the front sights elevation adjustment axis unless the rifle is zeroed and fired from 45° off of vertical... that will throw your regular zero off by the same amount in the opposite direction, assuming you two are sharing the rifle.

Might be more effective to use an offset RMS without the offset front sight

Good point--she's right hand left eye, I'm left hand left eye, so I was thinking two sets of sights on any "custom build" meant for her. (The C8 is "by the book milspec," we figure she needs to know how to play "pick-up ball" with what's available when needed too.)

We don't need no stinkin BUIS!

I run mine the way God intended, Fixed Carry handle irons!
If I fix an optic, it's with a look through carry handle mount!
View attachment 673215

My first AR was an Armilite with a 1/9" twist barrel and fixed carry handle. I haven't shot in a few years but take it out of my safe and check if it needs oil and light still works as well.

D023D9A3-E0BE-4A9B-A8B6-886FF350B0B1.jpeg

My AR10 does not have irons because I dont see the point.
My AR pistol has BUIS because when I built it that was how I was planning to run it, I now have a 1.5-4 on it and they stayed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top