JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I remember having this argument with a member of the ACLU many years ago. I called him out on his narrow reading of the Second Amendment in light of the ACLU's broad reading of all other provisions of the Bill of Rights. He mumbled and looked at his shoes. He wasn't willing to support the Second Amendment as a fundamental civil liberty.

But on the right, there's often not much inclination for a broad reading of other provisions of the Bill of Rights either. (Flag burning can be outlawed; Muslims shouldn't hold elective office; Cops should be given broad latitude to search without a warrant, etc.).

If people really believe in the Bill of Rights, they shouldn't be as selective as they are.

Although if someone wants to quarter attractive female troops in my house, I might not squawk... Gotta clear it with the missus though, and that could be an issue.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads