1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Why it matters...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZigZagZeke, May 31, 2013.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

This is why it matters whether you use Google's Chrome browser or Android devices:

Judge orders Google to comply with FBI's secret NSL demands | Politics and Law - CNET News

It's not that the feds can't do the same with Apple or Microsoft. It's that Google's business model is collecting, storing, and selling as much and as detailed user information as possible. If you allow yourself to be tracked with tracking cookies, which operate in the background, then where you go, what you buy, who you talk to, and what you say are for sale to anyone who'll pay for it, as well as to the government. There are no assurances that privacy settings are not being bypassed in Android and Chrome. Google was caught a while ago by Apple bypassing the privacy settings in Safari without telling the user. That practice was stopped immediately by Apple. Google is evil.
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be another "size comparison" thread. ;)
  3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, after that MMA fighters junk being damaged thread.... Me2...