JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All?

Link to said video??

BTW, aren't you the guy while RO's a PR match said I was 'bump firing' / doubling due to the way I was holding my rifle (off hand) when in fact it was as I said, malfunctioning (hammer pin walking out)?? And also the guy who said someone else's AR was malfunctioning because of bad ammo when in fact it was as others said, loose gas key? All that fail in only one match.

:s0114:

I'll never claim that I don't make mistakes BUT the diagnostic algorithms goes -
Shooter instigated malfunction
Ammunition issue
Firearm issue

Since I have to assume that a rifle was assembled with decent parts in a competent manor if someone brought it to a match, since who brings a bad or untested rifle to a match, it is more likely than to the shooter or the ammo.

If you have a round that will not go into battery something is wrong. Either there is something in the chamber which will not let the round fully seat or the round is out of spec.. Using a mechanical advantage to ram something forward is about the only way I can think of to lock up an AR action to the point you can't "mortar" or "pogo"it out, and that is the only time I have seen an AR completely disabled without a broken component.

Here's a video of someone who has no idea what he's doing who probably had a squib and than attempted to chamber a new round multiple times using the forward assist. Do that enough times and the barrel obstruction will move enough for the next round to go into battery. The standard is that if the remedial action is done properly and does not fix the malfunction stop and figure out what is causing the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1lyMyejpI

Better let the military know they have been doing it wrong all along, Correct Malfunctions of an M16A2 Rifle (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

1. Perform immediate action.
NOTE: If your rifle malfunctions, remember S-P-O-R-T-S. This key word will help you remember these actions in sequence: Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Shoot.

a. Slap upward on the magazine to make sure it is properly seated.

b. Pull the charging handle all the way back.

c. Observe the ejection of the case or cartridge. Look into the chamber and check for obstructions.

d. Release the charging handle to feed a new round in the chamber. Do not ride the charging handle.

e. Tap the forward assist.

f. Shoot. If the rifle still does not fire, inspect it to determine the cause of the stoppage or malfunction and take appropriate remedial action.

Better let the military know they have been doing it wrong all along, Correct Malfunctions of an M16A2 Rifle (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

1. Perform immediate action.
NOTE: If your rifle malfunctions, remember S-P-O-R-T-S. This key word will help you remember these actions in sequence: Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Shoot.

a. Slap upward on the magazine to make sure it is properly seated.

b. Pull the charging handle all the way back.

c. Observe the ejection of the case or cartridge. Look into the chamber and check for obstructions.

d. Release the charging handle to feed a new round in the chamber. Do not ride the charging handle.

e. Tap the forward assist.

f. Shoot. If the rifle still does not fire, inspect it to determine the cause of the stoppage or malfunction and take appropriate remedial action.

The risk with using the forward assist is completely locking up the action of the rifle or ramming an obstruction far enough forward to chamber another round . If you are willing to take that risk, it's on you.

Like anything else, proper tool for the proper job.............

There are times the FA is the right tool and other times it is not........

This does not make the FA good or bad anymore then using a screwdriver as a pry bar makes a screwdriver a "bad" tool.

Like anything else, proper tool for the proper job.............

There are times the FA is the right tool and other times it is not........

This does not make the FA good or bad anymore then using a screwdriver as a pry bar makes a screwdriver a "bad" tool.

You might be using a screwdriver as a pry bar to extract the live round from the chamber that was crammed in there via the FA :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top