JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The official story:

"A fire attributed to unburned powder on the ground scorched part of the Conventional Pistol range on May 12. Fortunately the damage was limited to the mats and boards forward of shooting benches, and to some grassy areas beyond. There was no structural damage to the shed, the fence, or the baffles on the range. But the fire certainly provided all the excitement anybody needed that day.

The fire was put out as quickly as possible by the three pistol shooters present at the range and the RSO on duty that day, J.R. Kirkbride. The pistol range's fire extinguisher helped suppress the fire initially, and Kirkbride had several buckets in his truck. He and the shooters ran a bucket brigade to bring water to the burn area. They brought the fire under control and then found a hose to finish the job. A good soaking extinguished all remaining sparks. All in all, a span of about 30' along the firing line was affected. The good news is that no firing positions were damaged and the pistol range remains open for normal use. A search for solutions that will prevent similar incidents in the future has already begun."

I thought the newsletter said that there is a support beam that is damaged and needs replaced. Has to do with the bullets being able to exit the range until they get it replaced. I'm paraphrasing from what I can remember from the newsletter. If you still have it, read it through again, I recycled mine already.

Now that the Conventional Pistol Range is being repaired...does this mean we will now be able to place targets closer than 25 yards (i.e. self defense distances)?

That pistol range is one of the reasons I stopped going to Tri County. It's silly to think that 25 and 50 yards are appropriate distances to shoot pistols.

I once suggested they remodel the range to be like the steel pistol range at Oak Tree Gun Club in Southern California (see pic below). It's the best pistol range I've ever been too. There are a variety of targets and different distances, you get immediate feedback (visual and audible), and it's FUN! The answer I got was... "that's not safe."
How is it not safe? If anything it's safer since you never have to walk out on the range to retrieve your targets.

Honestly, I'd rather shoot the targets I choose at the distances I choose out in the woods.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top