JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some one committed suicide there.

1608343522389.png

Unrelated but I don't know if there's another SafeFire thread so I'll ask here, does anyone else have trouble seeing in that dungeon? I can see/shoot just fine outdoors but at SafeFire I have trouble seeing my iron sights. Is there a reason they keep it so dim?

I was hesitant to post something.
My Sister n law told me about this as she is related to the owners.
Pretty sad. I know the staff is pretty shaken up.

I appreciate them adding in the last comments.
I've personally known two people who committed suicide in the last 6 months.
One being my Brother, who also killed his daughter.

These are just part of the huge number of deaths related to the shutdown and anxiety of this BS pandemic.

Suicides, overdoses, violence at home are all way up. But politicians can't get rich off that. So it gets swept under the rug.

They just focus on the fake numbers of covid deaths.

Clear, I'm so very sorry about your brother & niece. No way to share your feelings or even know how you feel, but you're not alone. There are way too many of us - a huge number, as you say - who share kinship in such tragedy.

A bit over six years ago my own son, a navy veteran, became one of this nation's "daily 22". It's hard to write that even now, but five years ago it was impossible for me to even accept the thought.

Last Edited:
I was hesitant to post something.
My Sister n law told me about this as she is related to the owners.
Pretty sad. I know the staff is pretty shaken up.

I appreciate them adding in the last comments.
I've personally known two people who committed suicide in the last 6 months.
One being my Brother, who also killed his daughter.

These are just part of the huge number of deaths related to the shutdown and anxiety of this BS pandemic.

Suicides, overdoses, violence at home are all way up. But politicians can't get rich off that. So it gets swept under the rug.

They just focus on the fake numbers of covid deaths.
Sorry for youre loss. You will be in my prayers

Clear, I'm so very sorry about your brother & niece. No way to share your feelings or even know how you feel, but you're not alone. There are are way too many of us - a huge number, as you say - who share kinship in such tragedy.

A bit over six years ago my own son, a navy veteran, became one of this nation's "daily 22". It's hard to write that even now, but five years ago it was impossible for me to even accept the thought.

That's the problem. It happens way too often and there's usually nothing but silence.
No one talks about it. No one reports it.
How can we recognize and fix a problem that stays hidden.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I personally know 4 people who committed suicide in the last 2 years.
3 just this year alone since June.

All they want to do is push drugs that make things worse.

The week before my Brother took his life and his Daughter's he was prescribed Ambien and testosterone therapy.

It made a perfect storm. And we're left with no answers.
The police took all the prescription pills from the house and wouldn't tell us what was there, or list anything on the evidence receipt other than "pill bottles"
The Med Examiner said it would take 6-8 months to get a tox screen back, if they even get it.

The drug industry gets to prescribe drugs they know causes problems and the victims family just get left wonder how all this happened.

My Brother wasn't without his issues. But this was out of the blue.

And this happens to our service members as well.

As ridiculous as all these new drugs laws are in Oregon and Washington I am excited for the use of psychedelics in therapy. It's been shown to have amazing results without adverse affects and long term usage.

But it's too late for us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads