JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's why; Went into my local post office this morning and was met with a friendly greeting and a smile. I told the nice lady I'd like to mail something in a flat rate box and layed the item on the counter. "No problem, sir. And where would you like to send your bolt today?"
That's right, not only did she know it was a part from a firearm, she called it by name.
I love it here more every day.

On that note, and in reference to the Oregonians hate Californians thread, there are a few other Oregon refugees but I've met many more from California. They all seem to be extremely protective of individual freedom. Seemingly even more vocal about it than the indigenous population. And on the other end, the lefties I've met here (mostly under 30) would love nothing more than to move to Portland. I always encourage them to follow their dreams:D

On that note, and in reference to the Oregonians hate Californians thread, there are a few other Oregon refugees but I've met many more from California. They all seem to be extremely protective of individual freedom. Seemingly even more vocal about it than the indigenous population. And on the other end, the lefties I've met here (mostly under 30) would love nothing more than to move to Portland. I always encourage them to follow their dreams:D

What part of Idaho?

Owyhee county. All the locals couldn't be nicer. I'm just across the river from wine country and a 15 minute drive to anything I could possibly need on Nampa/Caldwell. BTW, Idaho is full. We'll gladly sell you gas and beef jerky but just keep driving.

Don't want to move there, I just would like to find somebody that can point to a good deal on thinning out your wolf pack. I feel as a big game hunter it is my duty to help keep the population down as low as possible......o_O

Haven't seen any wolves yet but you're welcome to practice on the coyotes that wander through my upper field.

Here's why; Went into my local post office this morning and was met with a friendly greeting and a smile. I told the nice lady I'd like to mail something in a flat rate box and layed the item on the counter. "No problem, sir. And where would you like to send your bolt today?"
That's right, not only did she know it was a part from a firearm, she called it by name.
The snowflakes would never survive in the wild on there own.
The simple answer is off course, the people. Oregon has equally nice country (and some people) but there are too many Portlandias voting on there laws. Our struggles are with the Boise people.....but they have yet to overtake the rest of the state. I love it when Communist Beiter (the Boise mayor) tries to do some boneheaded thing (like outlaw Uber or set the minimum wage) The Gov just passes a law to supersede it and the deal is done. That is the same thing he did with the Wolf issue. The Feds introduced them, the Gov started a hunting season (and hires professional hunters)..........simple. We need to watch this coming election Governor race. There are some bad city pro growth guys running that would be a problem.

Last Edited:
Because I've seen what outsiders have done to Oregon (born and raised there), I made the conscious decision to stay politically neutral for a couple years until I get a better feel for who's who and what they're about. Unlike the Californians who invaded Oregon, I came here because of what this state is -- not because of what I think it needs to become.

And pertaters grow right outa the ground!

upload_2017-11-6_14-47-41.jpeg

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!

Because I've seen what outsiders have done to Oregon (born and raised there), I made the conscious decision to stay politically neutral for a couple years until I get a better feel for who's who and what they're about. Unlike the Californians who invaded Oregon, I came here because of what this state is -- not because of what I think it needs to become.
I am a native (7th generation) that lived all over the world for 35 years. I know many (most?) of our elected officials. One of my grandfathers was in the first territorial legislatures, My great grandfather graduated from the University of Idaho in 1903. Politics in our small state is rather simple and straightforward. It is easy to get to know people, how they think and what they stand for. No one is perfect........but get involved. It is important to defeat the large Boise (and Moscow) communist population. Senator Risch has been rated the most conservative member of the senate for example. He is a great leader as well as individual. Some others I don't trust as much but in general they are alright. We shot trap with a bunch of them earlier in the year. Lots of fun. Let me know if you (or anyone) would like to get involved. It is fun and worthwhile.

I'd even tell them of all the negative connotations they are likely to endure if they were to stay, then offer to fill up their rental trucks first tank of fuel if they leave...:D:D:D

The place sounds to good to be true. Are you sure you're not living in the Twilight Zone ? Pinch one and see if they aren't green aliens underneath the skin.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top