JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Music, for me was never a following, unless it was of my own doings. Like anything, to experience ones self, gives more understanding and enjoyment.
In a way, similar to firearms, I find my niche based on my mood. I guess I'm moody as all get out...lol.

If music tells a story, I'll listen if it makes sense. As long as they don't have to yell when they speak.

Obama did not get my vote in any election/re-election

You think because the president is darker colored in skin is the only reason he said something about Prince ? I can't stand Obama and what he did to this country, but his skin color means nothing about a artist that had a huge impact on a ton more then just music.
David Bowie was quite accomplished and quite the contributer to the music industry as well...

And Obummber had what to say about that????

Nuthin - The Sound of Silence...

Nuff said...

He was an interesting guy for sure. After decades of being flambouyant and sex crazed the guy toned it down and became a Jehovah's Witness. He didn't want to be controlled by big business so he did what he could do - he changed his name to an unpronouncable symbol to continue releasing the music he wanted to create not what his corporate masters wanted. (He did fulfill their contract btw but wi as little efgort as necessary) - he was very talented with many instruments and chicks loved him. His music may not be everyones taste but he also wrote hits for other artists. The guy made a huge impact on the music industry. He did his thing and followed his dreams and was uber successful. I respect him for that. I also think the media coverage is way overblown.

Whenever one of these happen I always wonder about the people holding vigil etc. I mean I understand liking his music alot and being a little sad but these people on the news weeping like they knew him personally is bizarre to me. The level of celebrity worship in this country is disgusting IMO with the other issues facing us.
The news showed some middle aged woman weeping in front of his place. I could see if he was some newer artist and she was a teen fan but a grandma type and an 80s pop star??

You think because the president is darker colored in skin is the only reason he said something about Prince ? I can't stand Obama and what he did to this country, but his skin color means nothing about a artist that had a huge impact on a ton more then just music.
By all means. When a president is meeting the basketball champ team and shakes hands with the white players and chest bumps,hugs the black players,yes I do belive he mentioned prince because he's black.
Do I believe the pos pres is racists?
Heck yes

Well it looks like he's been cremated and a low key ceremony thanks to the JW religion he
joined I guess. I wonder is he one of the 144,000 or just in limbo waiting to be resurrected after the destruction of the earth?
A little dig for fun but I actually respect J.Ws as they don't threaten you with the lake of fire if you don't join them.

I think his cremation was just in time too as the tributes were getting WAY out of hand!
upload_2016-4-23_19-10-11.png

From people online:

News of Prince's conversion circulated in 2001 ( <broken link removed> to report it, apparently based off an interview Prince gave to Gotham magazine), but people seemed to have a hard time believing the man who wrote songs like "Jack U Off" and "Sexy MF" was now a devout Jehovah's Witness until October of 2003.

They have been showing his vids all day on the music channels and with all the scantily clad girls and simulated sex it's hard to believe he converted so strongly.

Well R.I.P. or whatever J.W's do.
Wasn't a fan but there was/is a lot of worse music out there.
I may even have been caught accidently singing along to 1999 or Purple Rain at some point in my lifeo_O

Well it looks like he's been cremated and a low key ceremony thanks to the JW religion he
joined I guess. I wonder is he one of the 144,000 or just in limbo waiting to be resurrected after the destruction of the earth?
A little dig for fun but I actually respect J.Ws as they don't threaten you with the lake of fire if you don't join them.

I think his cremation was just in time too as the tributes were getting WAY out of hand!
View attachment 289610

From people online:

News of Prince's conversion circulated in 2001 ( <broken link removed> to report it, apparently based off an interview Prince gave to Gotham magazine), but people seemed to have a hard time believing the man who wrote songs like "Jack U Off" and "Sexy MF" was now a devout Jehovah's Witness until October of 2003.

They have been showing his vids all day on the music channels and with all the scantily clad girls and simulated sex it's hard to believe he converted so strongly.

Well R.I.P. or whatever J.W's do.
Wasn't a fan but there was/is a lot of worse music out there.
I may even have been caught accidently singing along to 1999 or Purple Rain at some point in my lifeo_O

No, he wouldn't be one of the "144,000" as they were supposedly already chosen years ago, and the JW's believe Jesus already returned invisibly (THAT's convenient) and gathered the Saints (dead and alive) sometime back in the first half of the 20th century. They believe we're in "Revelation" times, and it's no longer available to be "born again", so if you ain't one of them you're SOL.

They practice shunning (mark and avoid) if you don't submit and be one of the "flock". Many families have suffered because of that religion, my maternal Grandparents were devout JW's... so I know.

I won't get further into their doctrine beyond that.

First off, let me say I am not a fan of Prince.

HOWEVER. The dude was one of the biggest musical influences in the last 30 years. He set the stage for post rock, and he was a guitar virtuoso. I dont think its so much about his music as it is how he changed the direction of music. And you might not appreciate how many records Prince peddled, over a hundred million world wide. Puts him not in the Elvis category but certainly in a pretty elite club.

I haven't listened to anything Prince did on purpose since the 80's and it is certainly not my style of music, but the guy was no slouch

Watch this, he is late in the video but its some really great folks doing a great song.

His 1st album came out in '78, so most people that know his music & influence are still around.

David Bowie was quite accomplished and quite the contributer to the music industry as well...

And Obummber had what to say about that????

Nuthin - The Sound of Silence...

Nuff said...
Maybe... maybe it was because Bowie was limey and Prince was an American. I don't know, honestly but I was fan of both Bowie and Prince.

No doubt that the "Grim Reaper" has been busy in the entertainment world in 2016. I consider myself fortunate to say that I have seen most of the recently passed musician/artist/ performers actually perform live, including BB King, Bowie, and yes, "Princess" as well.

Growing up in Los Angles, I have seen many awesome concerts (which was probably part of why I was constantly broke as a teenager). Both my parents played music, one in high school marching band and the other, jazz and symphony professionally and because of this my musical taste and technical understanding became extremely diverse (and yet I never learned to play an instrument myself; one of my biggest regrets in life).

I've seen prince perform three times since 1984 and i can tell you that he puts on a power performance; a tour de force of brass, woodwind, vocal, and what is truly impressive about him, unlike most mainstream performers today (including Micheal Jackson) is that Prince did most, if not all of his composing and scoring himself, to say nothing of his arranging talent for his live performances. Many musicians can play, and even compose, but live arrangement is a skill in itself that even many of the bigger artists of the past cannot claim (including Elvis).

Dancers and songbirds like Micheal Jackson and Jennifer...er..uh Mariah ...whatever her name is are a dime a dozen. Prince was a guy who DID IT ALL starting from the bottom all the way up to the top by working, learning to play (self taught on over 20 different instruments), composing, scoring, choreographing, dancing, signing, AND arranging... huff huff huff... no wonder he kicked it so young.

I digress, whether you like his music or his style or not, he is a prime example of a self made man who took it beyond what many other wonderful and even great artists did. And he didn't screw anybody over, molest any children, poison any water, rape any of the environment or profit off any wars while doing it. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL DOING IT THE AMERICAN WAY.

And personally, I feel, that when it comes to great artists and musicians... who gives a damn what ANY stinking, slimy politician has to say.

Even if you don't like his music, and I really don't, he was an amazing songwriter and producer I believe. He was a huge part of the innovative part of the music industry for the last 30 years. He deserves a moment at the end of his life for memory. In a couple weeks it will be gone as it was for David Bowie.

They practice shunning (mark and avoid) if you don't submit and be one of the "flock". Many families have suffered because of that religion,

Another great dogma of organized religion. What love a Christian has for his family or fellow man that he turns away from him because he believes not what he does. FT.

Of course you have the people who go to church EVERY Sunday, then f over their employees, hose people in business deals all week long, manipulate others for financial gain, and pass judgement on all those whose beliefs and moral compass may vary from their "public image" of being a good Christian. And then go to church on Sunday and start it all over again.

Last Edited:
I can attest to Christians not practicing as they preach. I believe, but I do not go to church for visible recognition. A Christian friend (once was) removed me from his associations, due to my financial business decision to use someone other than he because we could not fit his price into our budget. Our friendship was 15+ years. I got axed as a friend for my conscientious spending decision.

Fine by me.

Not really. He was a valued friend. His decision to befriend me was unethical given his practice and beliefs.

This is what America does it puts stupid people in headline news while our vets are kicked to the curb .
Like when the president said if he had a son it would be someone like the thug who tried and failed to take a gun from a police officer and got himself killed . Not and actual productive member of society or a veteran .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top