JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know if this applies to gift transfers between relatives from Oregon to Washington?

Do both the buyer and seller have to agree to forfeit the privacy of their medical records when completing a Washington background check?

Are 80% lowers still legal in Washington?
There's no paper on an intra-family transfer as in No FFL required. and 80% lowers are still for sale in gun shops in Washington.
ETA Paperless intrafamily transfers are legal inside Washington borders only. Out of state requires FFL

Last Edited:
Anyone know if this applies to gift transfers between relatives from Oregon to Washington?

Do both the buyer and seller have to agree to forfeit the privacy of their medical records when completing a Washington background check?

Are 80% lowers still legal in Washington?
State to state = federal law = BGC required.

I have been trying to convince my Mother-In-Law in Washington to buy firearms and train for many years, but she does not want to do the paperwork. She just says "If things ever get really bad, I will just borrow one of your guns"
Well, if SHTF happens, I for one won't worry much about transfer laws if my family's lives are at stake. I'll sort that crap out later. ;)

So let me get this straight, you want me to sell my lower, that left the factory as a rifle and was sold to me as a rifle, to you as a lower? Sounds legit. Not. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I don't know for sure, but what I do know is I don't know you and I'm not taking your word for it and that has nothing to do with being "so up tight".

Last Edited:
Are you sure? if the lower was purchased as an "other" as opposed to a rifle then it usually can be picked up the same day but if you pull a lower that was previously on a rifle and it's under the feds records as a rifle that it might not work the same way?

I already have the gun complete and ready to shoot and wanted a threaded barrel ordered it and had to wait ! It makes no sense I already had the firearm . This is a Ruger Mk series pistol the barrel is the serialized part actually the upper .

Lol.

Them ruger pistols have their own, unique set of PITA quirks.
Like the firearm being the barrelled upper, so you end up with extra uppers.
Go ahead and just try finding a spare "grip assembly " on the cheap. Since it's not the serialized part, it should be no problem ( or great expense) , right?

I have always found the words "everyone" and similar synonyms, as represented here, by the media, and elsewhere, disingenuous, and if not for its absurdity, offensive. I may be old, but as yet not yielded my personal autonomy to anyone. (except maybe my wife:) )

I have always found the words "everyone" and similar synonyms, as represented here, by the media, and elsewhere, disingenuous, and if not for its absurdity, offensive. I may be old, but as yet not yielded my personal autonomy to anyone. (except maybe my wife:) )

512390098-8dd7aa46d497c98a2bd21cfa44724aa6a34f19876a54028e94097424baa41f2c.jpg

You referenced the wife in fine print.

My wife and I both have a funny accusation to hurl back and forth.
" You ALWAYS ruin EVERYTHING!"

Because speaking in absolutes is massively immature. And the longer we're married, the less mature I am.

No i mean lowers, they can give the upper to you in the parking lot of the FFL then you transfer the lower walk back to your vehicle and put the gun back together and boom you got yourself an AR or Pistol in under 30min
You should have put that in the title because it's an entirely different situation. I'd buy a receiver for a build, but I wouldn't buy a rifle and tell the state and federal governments that I'm only buying a receiver. That sounds illegal to me and I'm not going to play amateur lawyer just to avoid a waiting period.

I hate these useless laws as much as the next guy but I'm not going to break them for such a silly reason, let alone encourage others to do it.

You referenced the wife in fine print.

My wife and I both have a funny accusation to hurl back and forth.
" You ALWAYS ruin EVERYTHING!"

Because speaking in absolutes is massively immature. And the longer we're married, the less mature I am.
As spoken by the great Obi-wan Kenobi, "Only Sith deal in absolutes."

So let me get this straight, you want me to sell my lower, that left the factory as a rifle and was sold to me as a rifle, to you as a lower? Sounds legit. Not. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I don't know for sure, but what I do know is I don't know you and I'm not taking your word for it and that has nothing to do with being "so up tight".
Why is this a concern when the sale is going through an FFL?

You're not selling a rifle you're selling a lower, the only issue that could come up is if you sell the lower with stock attached and then someone down the line takes the stock off and puts a pistol upper on it and that's not your problem at that point

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top