JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did I miss something again? Who's upset about this?
The people who bought/sold guns in Washington State freely before I594 was enacted into law, and then I1639.

The curtailing of rights happens every generation, but only a little bit at a time so as not to completely lead the population to revolt. My grandpa could buy a gun and have it shipped straight to his house. During my life, that was never a legal option. During my life I could buy and sell guns legally/freely with other Americans, provided, neither of us were felons. Now that is no longer a legal option.

The frog continues to boil.

Why is everyone on this site so up tight about legally transferring lowers?

Probably because everyone knows that...... The Authorities are monitoring this site.

Aloha, Mark

If a Washington State resident ordered a complete lower or pistol frame online and completed the 4473 where the FFL checked other, then acquired or were gifted a complete upper or slide later; would that Washington State resident be required to complete the Washington State Semiauto training BS and get a certificate before assembling and possessing the firearm?
as long as they are vigrin lowers sold by a ffl or a pp transfer at an ffl they require a BGC.

as of now a other BGC is done by the dealer/ffl

As I understand it, it's all a question of: what does the state know?

If you originally bought a lower (FFL as other) and then built it up at home…sure it is a rifle at that point but the State doesn't know that. So, when you go to sell it, it makes all the sense in the world if you end up selling it as just a lower.

But, let's say you sell it as a rifle. Now the State knows it's a rifle. The guy who buys it would do best to sell it as a rifle, or potentially find himself the poster child for this particular "loophole."
This. Right. Here.

As far as we know, both OR and WA do NOT keep a "firearm Registry" per se... but those of us in the IT Business KNOW that anything that goes into a DATABASE has retention requirements. AND we know that any DATABASE backup can be restored and searched.

SO... if a state/federal agency knew what it was when it went through the system, then there is the potential to find this information.

YMMV, but if I'm the seller and was asked to sell parts this way... I'd really have to wonder why and whether or not I would want to go forward.

Not under Washington state law. If you were discussing the federal law requirements for the manner in which a federally-licensed dealer sells a frame, it is sold as other.
Correct, anything in the "other" category is treated like a pistol.

Would a 1911 frame also be called "other" ?
Yes
Can an AR rifle be torn down and sold as a bare frame ?
Yes, by a unlicensed private individual or licensed manufacturer holding a type 7 FFL
Can an AR rifle be converted to a pistol ?
Generally no, unless it was a pistol first, then a rifle, it can go back to being a pistol

The people who bought/sold guns in Washington State freely before I594 was enacted into law, and then I1639.

The curtailing of rights happens every generation, but only a little bit at a time so as not to completely lead the population to revolt. My grandpa could buy a gun and have it shipped straight to his house. During my life, that was never a legal option. During my life I could buy and sell guns legally/freely with other Americans, provided, neither of us were felons. Now that is no longer a legal option.

The frog continues to boil.
Here in Arizona private sale is still alive & well--I even got hassled on my last buy of 80% lowers, the seller was trying to get my FFL in order to ship them but not for very long!

They just arrived last week, completely untouched in any way with unwanted numbers/built-in registration BS, plus I only paid $69.99 apiece with free build kit

Think about it-- Conservatives are always needed in AZ

Here in Arizona private sale is still alive & well--I even got hassled on my last buy of 80% lowers, the seller was trying to get my FFL in order to ship them but not for very long!

They just arrived last week, completely untouched in any way with unwanted numbers/built-in registration BS, plus I only paid $69.99 apiece with free build kit

Think about it-- Conservatives are always needed in AZ
The blue cancer is everywhere, if we all retreat to "free states" unless we literally vetted people before they were allowed to move in, it would only be a matter of time.

For example: Montana and Idaho are better, but they aren't more than a decade or two behind Washington if liberals keep moving to those places to escape the results of their voting ideology. It's truly a mental illness - maintain a ideology and vote accordingly, then when things turn so awful they can't stand it anymore, then they move to a place that is more conservative, and do the same thing all over again.

I remember the Washington of 20 years ago and it was significantly more conservative than the Washington of today. There was a huge Californian influx. That was the beginning of the end. It didn't help that the mayor of Seattle, Greg Nichols, invited homosexuals to come live here - regardless of people's opinions on the matter, their voting tendencies as a block of people are overwhelmingly liberal so strictly from a voting conservative standpoint, that wasn't helpful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top