JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do people frown upon the fact you can transfer just the lower of the gun so the buyer will be able to get it that day without any waiting period 🤔
I do not. Not aware of others frowning on it.

If I had my way, any firearm would be transferable without government involvement. If there is a "loophole" for transfers or classification, etc., I have no problems with citizens taking advantage of it.

I do not. Not aware of others frowning on it.

If I had my way, any firearm would be transferable without government involvement. If there is a "loophole" for transfers or classification, etc., I have no problems with citizens taking advantage of it.
Some people are fine with doing it while most just say i dont wanna do that cause they think its illegal or something

REALLY?

No, I never noticed that.

However, down heah there is no waiting period... in Orygun.
Exactly Wa is so dumb lo 🙄 there is a mandatory 2 week waiting period on a AR even if your background is cleared and you get the okay from the feds you still jave to wait until the 2 weeks is up and weekends dont count

Exactly Wa is so dumb lo 🙄 there is a mandatory 2 week waiting period on a AR even if your background is cleared and you get the okay from the feds you still jave to wait until the 2 weeks is up and weekends dont count
One gets the govt that "others" in the population centers vote for.... I'm sorry to say it is the same down heah, and now that we have one party control we are not very far behind WA state.

Gun laws :

Can vary between local , state and federal....
Sometimes the wording of certain laws / regulations / requirements can lead to different interpretations of terms and the like...
And the lack of knowledge of them....
All can lead to misunderstandings in regards to sales , ownership and such.

In any event NWFA forum rules require that all forum members comply with local , state and federal laws.
Which may lead to some "up tightness" ( perceived or actual ).
Andy

image.png I

Then again...

image.jpeg

Yes, that is probably why the WA government is doing this to you...they just don't like you!

Gun laws :

Can vary between local , state and federal....
Sometimes the wording of certain laws / regulations / requirements can lead to different interpretations of terms and the like...
And the lack of knowledge of them....
All can lead to misunderstandings in regards to sales , ownership and such.

In any event NWFA forum rules require that all forum members comply with local , state and federal laws.
Which may lead to some "up tightness" ( perceived or actual ).
Andy

I thought lowers have the Id and need FFL transfers; do you mean "uppers"?
No i mean lowers, they can give the upper to you in the parking lot of the FFL then you transfer the lower walk back to your vehicle and put the gun back together and boom you got yourself an AR or Pistol in under 30min

Nope 99% of time you can buy lowers right then and there they run the background check like as if you were buying a shotgun or hunting rifle so you can get it immediately
Makes sense but Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe I once read a gun has to be assembled, and complete to be legally transferred if it starts out as as complete firearm.

I know Washington State the gun laws and any transfer for a lower receiver for a semi-automatic weapon you need to use a FFL. Not sure about the older guns like an M1 Garand, or a M1 carbine from WWII. You definitely cannot own a machine gun in Washington State as a common person. I do see gun ranges that offer to rent a fully automatic weapon but you need to pay for all of the ammo.

I know Washington State the gun laws and any transfer for a lower receiver for a semi-automatic weapon you need to use a FFL. Not sure about the older guns like an M1 Garand, or a M1 carbine from WWII. You definitely cannot own a machine gun in Washington State as a common person. I do see gun ranges that offer to rent a fully automatic weapon but you need to pay for all of the ammo.
Correct but lets say you want to buy your buddys Ar15 and dont wanna wait, legally your buddy can take apart the upper and lower and just tranfer the lower to you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top