JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
... and thus is my question.
I often go back to add or change posts. Sometimes posts are made hastily and when reread need some clarification, edited for content, verbosity (wordiness), spelling errors, misquoted, punctuation, whatever.
I was posting a lot today and got a message that I'd reached my limit of edits for a 24hr period... why? And why does it matter?
If there's a technical issue then I totally get it. What is the max number allowed in a 24-hr period then?
I try to keep my posts concise and interesting/entertaining for the reader and oftentimes they require editing due to my propensity to ramble-on (as witnessed right here and now) as I tend to write like I speak... a huge wall of text translates to about 30-45 seconds of actual yammering out loud... often I need to go back and pare it down as I know my own attention span is limited and I tend to skip over those giant text-asaurs myself.

What's the deal?

See:

Summary:
To keep mass deletions from happening.
I think some moderators have hit that limit as well when editing their own yammering.

Web search engines crawl the site and archive/log where information is. When the time comes for somebody to search the information, if it is not there the site is penalized for this missing information. Missing links or edited content overall can mean a very relevant post can go from a #1 search result to #50. Using Google, Yahoo etc for search. This is how a lot of people learn about Northwest Firearms, it comes up on the top of a search at times and is an easy way to grow the community.

Upvote 0
Mmmkay... I guess it's a dark magic computer thing that has to do with Google search hits or something... ?
Lord, save me from my own dumbassednessery.

So where's the rev-limiter? I get that it used to be 5 but must have been raised because I know I did more edits than that before hitting the ceiling.

As I attested to in my OP my attention span can often be regarded as "on the Spectrum"... I call it ADHDHD. I can't focus goodly, but it's in Hi-Def. Whatever, I didn't make it through the 3 pages of @Stomper's thread (asking this EXACT same question) to find out if there was a resolution.

Upvote 0
Mmmkay... I guess it's a dark magic computer thing that has to do with Google search hits or something... ?
Lord, save me from my own dumbassednessery.

So where's the rev-limiter? I get that it used to be 5 but must have been raised because I know I did more edits than that before hitting the ceiling.

As I attested to in my OP my attention span can often be regarded as "on the Spectrum"... I call it ADHDHD. I can't focus goodly, but it's in Hi-Def. Whatever, I didn't make it through the 3 pages of @Stomper's thread (asking this EXACT same question) to find out if there was a resolution.

Hey, don't be hatin' on ME just 'cuz YOU have a little wiener! o_O

;):D

Upvote 0
How'd my junk get involved in this?

And stop peeking.
@Stomper has a child like fascination with "male parts" so, it's completely normal! :s0140:

Im pretty sure you meant a male fascination with child-like things....

515775C8-21CE-4A01-B2E8-5A2A1400CD61.gif

Upvote 0
I do all my editing and re-writing before I post my response.

I TRY to do it that way, but it's surprising how often I still find stupid errors I've made.

Re. the edit limit, I've never had it come up in the way the OP describes. I didn't know it would happen. Lord knows, I've edited enough times. If you know right away upon posting and go back to correct within a few minutes, there is no penalty. Meaning, you will not embarrass yourself as having made an error as the edit notation will not appear on the post.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top