JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for a Colt 6920 around Portland but all the Colts in town have that ugly Magpul furniture and no carry handle! Why is Colt uglying up their guns with this crap? Anybody know of a standard 6920 in stock?

I'm sure the mod II stocks and M4 handguards were thought new and ugly when they came out about a decade ago, too... but you got used to them, didn't you?

I bought my colt from gunzone and it had the standard furniture. No magpul stuff. I guess they're trying to give the consumer a magpuled out ar since most people end up throwing magpul on their ar. Some people like it and some don't but it should not be hard to find a standard one.

This will make the OP cringe.......right before Christmas I bought a Colt LE6940. The very first thing I did was take off all the old traditional furniture and put Magpul MOE stuff in it's place. Including a BAD never. Yeah it's all junk. When you watch any of the gun shows and they have a story on AR's. If you pay attention and watch....most of the furniture you see on the shows are Magpul stuff. It is such terrible stuff that everybody has some.......Pmags are a pile of crap too.............NOT

This will make the OP cringe.......right before Christmas I bought a Colt LE6940. The very first thing I did was take off all the old traditional furniture and put Magpul MOE stuff in it's place. Including a BAD never. Yeah it's all junk. When you watch any of the gun shows and they have a story on AR's. If you pay attention and watch....most of the furniture you see on the shows are Magpul stuff. It is such terrible stuff that everybody has some.......Pmags are a pile of crap too.............NOT

I'll be honest. The stock handguard are crap. They became loose fitting on the delta ring quick so i swapped it out with the moe handguard. That fitted great but it retained too much heat and the barrel took awhile to cool down. Now i have a quad rail and that solved pretty much all fitting/cooling issues. The magpul stuff is great and it all works well but the beauty of the ar15 platform is that you can do whatever you want. magpul is just one of many directions.

I'm not saying it's not ok or good quality stuff, just that I think it's ugly as sin. I don't know why Colt, of all manufacturers, is getting trendy with their products. If you don't like what I think about Magpul, oh well. I have nothing against P-Mags, nor their grips, but I think it's kinda gimmicky for Colt to use it on their guns. It might be enough of a turn of from the company to just buy an LMT instead...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top