JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's called, hopium. One of many leaks are likely, if the list is not outright public. Nothing ever happens to the person or group responsible, for some reason. Oh yes. Government will never hold its bureaucrats at fault.
Just like that mysterious data leak in California of gun owners' personal info, which I think included social security numbers.

The measure was so poorly written and so many open ended guidelines. There is no real answer for any of it really. We probably won't know everything about it till week after it's law. I think people are saying public data base as that is the original said words when they were pushing 114. If you a lawyer please let us know you full thoughts until then your just like all of us and we're in uncharted waters right now.
Totally agree with that. It's very poorly written.

Even if I agreed with the spirit of 114 (which I do not), I would have voted against it like I do many Oregon initiatives. My two questions are always a) does it contain the details? and b) does it identify how it's getting paid for? Most of these initiatives are no on both counts. This one certainly was.

I was in the military and since I had a security clearance, huge amounts of personal details and identity-theft-helpful information (DOB, SSN, every physical addressing your life, every employer, etc.) about me was taken by hackers with the 2015 OPM data breach. This information breach affected millions of service members who now have to monitor their identity information for the rest of their lives. But I STILL wouldn't call the OPM database "publicly searchable" though it sure ended up that way.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top