JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I missing something?

I have been to two different stores in a week and ALL of the .22 has been bought out. plenty of .17 and shotgun loads but no .22
I always go by the gun counters when at certain stores, and sometimes pick up some .22, .30-06, and .380 There was nothing there. I know things are INSANE right now and expect there to be a run on a lot of different calibers but why .22?

SO thats my question.

Same reason as when it all sold out in 2008: panic. Back then, it was in scarce supply and I remember finding some at a feed store down in Klamath Falls - it felt like finding a gold nugget.

I have been to quite a few stores this week and two this evening. 1 only had a couple of boxes of 22 the other had several 525rd bricks. I also was able to pick up 380 and 45. No shortages yet where I go.

.22 ammo is high demand because of being cheap to shoot and just about everybody has a firearm that shoots it. Now add in the possibility of a tax or limits being added to ammo and everybody runs out to buy as much as possible cause it's cheap to stock up on. Another good reason is you cant reload it like any other caliber. I just hope replenished supplies doesnt lack quality like last time.

Maybe the stores I went to were REALLY slow in restocking their shelves.... both were in Tigard.... I should have taken a pic. one shelf of .17 and all other shelves were empty except for a couple boxes of target loads. Behind the counter was really empty as well. I usually start stocking up in the winter so my sons and I can go shoot at the drop of a hat when its warmer.

Bi mart down here has been out. They told me they sold a lot of 22's around christmas time but I bet its more the panic than anything. I've checked every day since christmas eve and still nothing.
Plenty of .17, shotgun and even 22 mag but no 22lr
I ended up finding some at walmart. Not my first choice of places to buy from but my kids are coming for a week and I want to take them shooting, their mom is an uneducated gun hater so I cant count on her to teach them anything other than guns are evil.

I too noticed that the Locusts had visited WalMart in Oregon City. Nothing but dust on the shelves, lots of .17 stuff but who has one of those? Not me.

I just have to laugh, but know that this panic buying could double prices of ammo again like it did in 2008. As a retired guy I will have to look for another hobby if that happens.

Break out the bows and arrows again. Off to the indoor bow range for some inexpensive shooting where I can use my ammo over and over.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top