JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello,

Do you shoot many 22lr firearms?

Can you FIND 22lr ammunition where you live at a so called normal price in the stores?

Maybe you could shoot some of your 22lr guns and still KEEP up your skills and have FUN!

I wish you well. I am glad to hear that you got out of your debt too.

Happy Thanksgiving to you EARLY too!

Take care.

Old Lady Cate
Same to you with greetings. I always try to mix rimfire shooting in with my range and cabin trips. I still have plenty of both left and honestly haven't been to the range in many months. Being debt free feels great.

Humans are generally not bright creatures. I just went through the coffee line today and the barista was talking about how her mom wants her to go to every Costco and buy the limit of toilet paper. I bet that same mom has absolutely no other supplies but she's got to have that toilet paper and she will post on her next door or Facebook group about her experience at Costco that morning.

Biggest mistake you will ever make is telling friends and family about any supplies that we have because they will hate your guts if you do not give everything you have to them as soon as there is a shortage.

Guilting people because they want fair market value for their items is an indicator of a lack of intelligence. It's called supply and demand.

Humans are generally not bright creatures. I just went through the coffee line today and the barista was talking about how her mom wants her to go to every Costco and buy the limit of toilet paper. I bet that same mom has absolutely no other supplies but she's got to have that toilet paper and she will post on her next door or Facebook group about her experience at Costco that morning.

Biggest mistake you will ever make is telling friends and family about any supplies that we have because they will hate your guts if you do not give everything you have to them as soon as there is a shortage.

Guilting people because they want fair market value for their items is an indicator of a lack of intelligence. It's called supply and demand.

This is no joke.

EFlWZWKWkAEt9YM.jpg

Average IQ is 98 so this checks out. If the foolishness of the majority surprises you just refer to the above and realize that roughly half the people you're dealing with will be 98 and below.

My literal mind always wonders when I hear people talk about sitting on a stash of whatever. Did you spend ALL of your money on primers, such that you can't afford furniture and have to use cases and pallets of primers to sit on? :)

Not that anyone would be laughing at you just now for having done just that. In fact, you'd have a whole bunch of people wanting to be your new best friend. :)

Speaking of TP.

My GF was also stressing over the TP situation at Costco.

Funny.....because I went to Winco (the other day) and found TP without any problems at all.

I think that her contingency plan is to come "shopping at my house" or maybe make frequent and regular "deposits" at my home. IF.....the situation really came to that?

OMG!!!!:eek:

I should go to Winco and get her a supply.

Aloha, Mark

PS....more on Costco....don't blame me for a TP shortage.

Last Edited:
The below is boring -- don't read -- just making notes for myself that I won't lose. I estimate the thickness of the priming compound is 1.25 mm thick in a Federal SPP. My plan is to cut an aluminum plate to that thickness with holes of 3.42 mm diameter (or slightly less for fitment purposes) to make a grate for measuring priming compound.

A Federal small pistol primer assembly is 3.05 mm tall. The cup alone is 2.78 mm tall with the metal thickness being 0.4mm thick. That leaves a 2.38 mm space inside the cup to the brim.

Total anvil height is 2.32 mm but 0.27 mm of it extends beyond the rim of the cup (height of assembly minus height of cup) so the anvil extends 2.05 mm into the cup as measured from the rim. The tip of the anvil penetrates the priming compound but the three windows in the anvil do not have primer material extruding into them. There is a 0.27 mm gap from the tip of the anvil to the bottom inside of the cup, but there is more priming compound than.

The hard part is figuring out exactly how thick the priming compound. Based on this picture of an anvil with some priming compound residue on it, the green line is 54% as wide as the yellow line, and if the yellow line is total anvil height (2.32 mm), then the anvil penetrates 1.26 mm of priming compound. Adding this to the 0.27 mm untouched by the anvil, I'm guessing the priming compound layer is 1.53 mm.

If however I cut a plate to a 1.53mm thickness as the screen for measuring priming compund, I will over fill because of the volume of the cone shaped part of the anvil. Anyway, after doing some estimations on a closeup picture of the anvil, I estimate it takes up 18% of the volume of the primer compound space leaving me a primer compound thickness of 1.25 mm.

The inside diameter of the primer cup is 3.42 mm.

estimate.png

I'm sorry but I can't help myself... "Silicone Valley's Mountain View" is a boob joke that writes itself. Silicone. Valleys.
I'll show myself out.
I'll go with you and I'll buy you a beer.
At first glance I though I was seeing "SMLE"! That would have worked too.;)
I did too! Once I reread it I was almost disappointed.
Reading through all these posts makes me think that a new Kibler flintlock looks better and better all the time.
And I just sold the blackpowder rifle I had...

Guys I'm totally kicking myself for selling all this....my wife actually sold most of this on nwf, this was all in late 2018 early 2019....all those primers!!!!....I remember the guy that bought the spp's wanted a deal and ended up buying them for $13/k.....now I wish I would of kept this stuff....I wasn't doing much loading back when I sold it buy now I have both 650s cranking out rounds as fast as they can.....luckily I kept all the 55gr bullets and most of the 9mil bullets.....kept the zmax bullets too.

Screenshot_20201123-040952_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201123-041001_Gallery.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads