JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont go to shooting ranges because of rules like that. And I don't see a reason to go to a range unless you live too far away from BLM. Why pay? thats money better spent on ammo imo

If it makes you a better shooter and works for you, cool, stick with it. But it sounds kinda like you're adopting an impractical (and possibly bad habit) for a superficial reason.

I wouldn't shoot anywhere that limited, hindered, or required me to conform to their style of shooting. JMO

Ive done a couple matches at tri-county gun club as a non member and recently went with someone to the outdoor pistol range. He didn't tell me about the full one second between trigger pulls, so I went out stood in the far left lane and fired off two successive shots from a p22 then really out of no where some old man lifted my right ear cup and asked me what I was doing, my first reaction from the ear muff lifting was to grab this guys wrist and crank it into my chest, then I ask him what the f he was doing being that close to me in the first place, short story, range master comes out tells me about slow fire. Really not sure why this person had to invade my space, is not like the crackling of a .22 could not be overtaken by a shout.

I dont go to shooting ranges because of rules like that. And I don't see a reason to go to a range unless you live too far away from BLM. Why pay? thats money better spent on ammo imo

you said it. some can't get to those shooting spots without a 3-4 hour drive. I shoot at Sams in Everett too. no rapid fire rule sucks but it's better than nothing. for 130 bucks a year, I can shoot there as much as I want, rain or shine. While the rapid fire rule sucks, I can see why it's there. You should see some of the sparks that fly on the weekends when it's a packed house, ceiling tiles, light bulb in the ceiling, the walls and everything else is fair game, even with the no rapid rule.

i usually go to sams in everett, besides almost everyone there being a jackass, its really close and isnt packed. i was there shooting with my brother in law and we were trading off 5 round groups to see who was better (we both suck) anyways, this guy and his girlfriend are there and he was a glock. Now there are two types of glock owners, people who like glocks and appreciate their reliability, and the idiots who buy them because they are mentioned in crappy songs and look scary. So his girlfriend is packing up his stuff and he says "ok, we can go after i empty this clip" so he starts shooting, and i mean SHOOTING. Throwing lead down range as fast as his trigger finger could move, all i hear is shots and him hitting metal, and the sounds of bullets ricocheting off the hangers, this went on for a good few seconds, i think he had the full 17+1 in there. the guy in charge of the range runs in after he looks in the window and starts yelling and screaming at the guy. When he left his hanger was still swinging away from the bullet impacts.

next time i went there about a week later, they had a 1 shot per second maximum rule in pace with signs everywhere
Im banned from sams for two things. the one shot rule, and i argued with the dick that my M1 carbine didnt qualify as a "Rifle" and should be allowed to be shot just like any pistol caliber carbine.

The little training I have received from professional firearms instructors has emphasized the concept of shooting your attacker until you are sure he is no longer a threat. I think this is good policy, and would not give my money to a range with a different view.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top