Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why I like this site!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Classic, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

So I am a member of a few other gun websites but bar none my preferences are here. The 1st one I found was Seattleguns.net. I found it clickish like high school 40 years ago and when the owner decided to charge I had no problem leaving and the Click stayed there until 594 passed and the used gun market fell through the floor.
    About a year before that, that I found Waguns.org and this site. At first (in my ignorance) I preferred waguns because if I wanted to swear it wouldn't change it to Bubblegum, that was the big joke but now the "click" that used to be SGN have moved to Waguns... I am 98/0 there in positive feedbacks but I'm tired of the clicks.
    Uninformed "internet experts" who are only there to say snow is yellow when you say it's white.
    Gotta say, I prefer this site even though 95% of the deals happen 150 miles south of me in Oregon.

WE have civil conversations here, Taku keeps us on our toes/ I mean infomed :s0139:, Stomper, SGT Nambu, Just Jim (and a few other characters) keep us entertained, Deadeye rules with iron fist and Joe Link is a great owner who's only interest is the good of the site. That makes this my kind of site!

:s0137:

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Ya I kinda figured Taku was an informer..:D:D:eek:o_O:confused::)

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Yep, this place is home for me.
    All of us may not see eye to eye but the threads are all in good fun amd at the end of the day we all share the same hobby in one way or another. :D

Whats funny is, I get more of my news on here before anyone else I know hears about it..they usually bring something up a week after its been posted on here and Im righton it. So I like the fact that this site has become a great alert center if by chance something has slipped by my own due diligence .

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, this is a pretty decent place. Best place to stay informed about gun control in our NW states as well as on a national level. Some characters to be sure, but that just helps keep everything interesting.

And, to date, I have had nothing but positive interactions with people from this forum whether for buying, selling or trading. I've met some very nice people and had some great conversations about guns and shooting. That feedback rating really helps.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

My favorite aspect of this forum is how it seems to stay somewhat 'local' IE primarily WA & OR. Lets face it as PNW-terners we have definite 'congruent' attitudes about many things in general and it shows.

forefathersrback likes this.
  6. Just Jim

It's just that after reading your post I feel informed...:D

7. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

It keeps me sane knowing that everyone doesn't agree with the State of things in this State.
    Talking to neighbors and coworkers other Parents, you'd think everyone was on board and happy with the direction Oregon is going.
    Here I get a sense that there is some hope anyway!

8. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

:s0093:

9. Just Jim

When I start losing hope I use the ignore feature....:s0140:

mjbskwim and U201491 like this.
  10. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

^^^^ pass the popcorn please ^^^^

philipism for the day, WHEN Dealing with the VA, it Helps if you always feel Kind Hearted to thems that are imbeciles....

I am Very thankful, that Abraham Lincoln Thought of the Veteran, and developed the Veterans Administration, and I will be pleased as a clam in High Tide, when they join the 21st Century..... :D

oknow, forefathersrback and U201491 like this.
  11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

HEY!! I'm NOBODY'S dancin' bear, buddy!! o_O

Because I keep my back shaved. :D

12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Did I hear somebody say Dancing Bears?

forefathersrback and Stomper like this.
  13. Classic

Dang, and all this time I thought you waxed! :p:p:p:p:p

Stomper and forefathersrback like this.
  14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Looks like you may need to find someone else to do that.....................

15. forefathersrback

forefathersrback Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Classic,
    I agree. NWF is my second favorite site. Bikes,babes, & bullets, is my first choice. ;) There is certainly some good information on this site, that's why I enjoy it. Although I'm still trying to figure out if STOMPER is a 35 yr old male living in his parents basement, with free internet:D? Also, since you mentioned DEADEYE, I think he ought to have a name change, to delete~eye. He reminds me of my father, a "NO" BS person!:D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  16. Just Jim

What's up Taku?o_O

orygun and forefathersrback like this.
  17. Classic

Dafuk? You aint gonna die on us are ya?:mad:

18. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've been on here since 09 and while I'v "joined" a different site or two, I never visit. There's just a lot going on here and it's kept it's local flavor. Not like Portland "local". If that happened I think we would all leave!
    Joe has put together and runs a great site.

19. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

First, ain't NOTHING in this life is free. ;)

Second, I haven't lived with my parents for over 30 years. :cool:

Third, Stomper has adult children that live in the upstairs of HIS house. :rolleyes:

Fourth, WTH is up with referring to myself in third person?! o_O

20. forefathersrback

forefathersrback Central Oregon Well-Known Member

First, true
    Second, sorry you should have stayed with them, you would have saved a lot of money!
    Third, ouch, been there brother.
    fourth, what do you mean you are the 3rd person? Sorry, Holmes, you're not. Jack Daniels is!!!!!

Stomper likes this.