JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is only one thing he says I disagree with at 4:33. He says that does not mean you need to carry every time you leave your house. Yes, you do need to carry every time you leave your house.

You need to carry every time you leave your house and you need to carry in your house. That is what the noisy cricket piece is for. My. 380 is in my back pocket even at home.

I simply cannot fathom not carrying a piece on me at all times. All my millennial kids carry, most of their spouses carry, in my circle of friends most everybody carries. It is a safer world for that.

There is only one thing he says I disagree with at 4:33. He says that does not mean you need to carry every time you leave your house. Yes, you do need to carry every time you leave your house.

You need to carry every time you leave your house and you need to carry in your house. That is what the noisy cricket piece is for. My. 380 is in my back pocket even at home.

I simply cannot fathom not carrying a piece on me at all times. All my millennial kids carry, most of their spouses carry, in my circle of friends most everybody carries. It is a safer world for that.
Amen!

I couldn't agree with you more.

Just saw this on TV

Why I carry - Cause you never know when Chip Foose will be in your trunk.

This is a pay link -

Free clip ( may not last forever )

When they "steal" the marks 1963 caddy. The Mark pulls his gun on Chip! Start watching at 2:30

The draw
upload_2017-7-7_9-31-21.png

upload_2017-7-7_9-31-54.png

Awesome demonstration of gun control
upload_2017-7-7_9-32-34.png

Because I can.

Ditto!!!

The area I grew up in was a peaceful agricultural suburb of L.A.. It started changing in the 60s and 70s. By the end of 1970, I was answering the door with a gun hidden in my hand behind the door, and carrying in and out of the home. This is the area where my parents friends were kidnapped. Also subject to small riots. You may recognize the name from the show "Cops"... it is Pomona, CA, home of that lovely man Mike Tyson.

So yes, I carry because the world is a dangerous place, but even if not for that I'd be carrying because I can and I like to.

Edit: not only do I feel more secure when I carry, but I find the "romance of the gun" appealing. BTW, Outlaw biker group lived across the alley behind me in my 20s. I used to try to act crazy... they didn't mess with us. :D

Last Edited:
Because I can. I moved here from Hawaii. There are currently ZERO concealed carry licences active in Hawaii. By law they are a may issue state, but in reality, they are a may not issue state. So, when I moved here and learned it was possible to get a CHL, I just had to do it because I could.

Last Edited:
Thanks Howard; great post and video. I will be passing it on. I wish everyone everywhere was able to view and appreciate that video; it just makes sense to protect yourself and your family from these predators.

Many years ago, in the Park Blocks of downtown Portland, some racist skinhead pointed a gun at my head because he didn't appreciate my choice of wife. That was my wake-up call. Been armed ever since.

Dylan Roof.
Guy who slaughtered a bible study at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston SC.
They were a small prayer group—a rising-star preacher, an elderly minister, eight women, one young man, and a little girl. But to him, they were a problem. He believed that, as black Americans, they were raping "our women and are taking over our country." So he took out his Glock handgun and calmly, while their eyes were closed in prayer, opened fire on the 12 people gathered in the basement of Mother Emanuel AME Church and shot almost every single one of them dead.

"The oldest man in the room, Daniel Simmons, was a veteran who always carried his gun, but that day he had left it on the seat of his car. Unarmed, he still tried to charge the shooter. Roof shot him four times, and later, he stepped over Simmons's body on his way out."

I had not heard of this at the time. If he had, perhaps we would have had a good guy with a gun stops a killer.

A Most American Terrorist: The Making Of Dylann Roof

I've been thinking about this again lately - and if I boil it all down, the reason I carry a gun is because it's the responsible thing to do.

Situations like the Luby's shootings, or the San Bernardino shootings (and so on) pop up now and again, and if I'm unlucky enough to be caught in the middle of one, I want to do my best to put an end to it. I'd hate to hurt or kill somebody - but I'd hate it more if I shirked my responsibility and a bunch of innocent people were killed.

My thoughts on Why I carry or own a gun?...
Because I can.
If someone has chosen otherwise that is fine ... Just do not limit my choice , make my choice or take my choice away from me.
As I will not do that to you.
Seems simple to me ... Too bad it isn't so simple in real life.
Andy
Good simple logic, I like that! You are a wise man but I'm not the first to notice it, I'm sure. Would be a pleasure meeting you some day Andy

Copied from Facebook:

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Me: "Similar.. yea"

Becky: "Right. Okay. So, do you think civilians should be allowed to own guns?"

Me: "Most of us. Yes."

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

Becky stares at me blankly, so I continue, but with a more serious tone:

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

I could choke you to death with that purse.

I could take a credit card, break it in half, and cut your throat open with it.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

You need a gun because of men like me."

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.

Copied from Facebook:

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.

Just a guess, but I'm betting those kids are STILL sitting at that table, slack-jawed.

Copied from Facebook:

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

If more people actually understood this, we wouldnt have to be having these conversations!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top