JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WHY I CARRY: Five Men Savagely Beat Man and Sexually Assault His Girlfriend in Downtown Austin
October 21 2014
by Dan Cannon

Here is another one of our "Why I Carry" stories. These stories, unlike our defensive gun use stories, take a look at situations that may have turned out very differently if the victim(s) had been armed. These stories are the "other side of the coin" so to speak and serve as an important reminder as to why it's important to take responsibility for your own personal safety.
A group of five men assaulted Max Cabrera and his girlfriend Gabby Perez as they were leaving downtown Austin, Texas early on Saturday morning according to KXAN.
One of the men started out the incident by groping Gabby's breasts and then the other men mercilessly beat Max as the couple tried to leave the area.
Another one of the men then put his hand up Gabby's skirt, and ended up badly scratching her.
Max suffered a broken nose, broken facial bones, and required numerous stitches on his face.
The couple is speaking out in the hopes that the group of men might still be brought to justice.
Austin police have tried to assure the public there is no general danger in the area.
As always, I have to point out that a firearm may or may not have helped prevent or stop this crime. However, I prefer to have options whenever possible over simply begging for my life.

I'd take a chapter from the honey badger and go on the offensive.

Groups and individuals attack the meek and weak - go on the offensive instead of taking a beating and letting your girl get molested. But thats just me armchair quarterbacking this one.

**if I were armed I would have tried to escape but unarmed... I would have grabbed the nearest blunt object and gone to town on the guys in the hopes my wife would get away unscathed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top