JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pushed this information to Thor Targets (their Steel).

I'm sure it's owner is going to be found this way quickly.

***UPDATE*** Owner of the firearm and target have been found. I can't believe that it took him two weeks to notice it missing, said he threw everything in a closet, and realized that it was not there when he was getting ready to take the guns out again. He figured it was long gone, and mentioned it to my friend, who is an FFL, and who I told about it also. He put the guy in touch with me, and I directed him to the OSP office, with the case number, and told him to reclaim it. He had the receipt from Cabela's with the right serial number on it, and told me every detail about the gun, so I know it was his. He just messaged me, and said he has possession of it again, and thanked me. He told me I could keep the target as a reward, but I insisted he come and get it. I love a happy ending. :)

Yep - it worked out well.
Hopefully it was in the same condition as when you turned it in.
I'll find out today when he comes for his target. It would be "funny" if he gets a lower receiver, and they tell him "thats how they got it" o_O But the voucher did say complete rifle on it. We shall see.

Also ask him if he got any kind of 'lecture' about this when he got it back and what they did to handle the 'transfer' aspect..

No lecture or scolding, but even though he had the receipt to prove that it was his rifle, they made him do a 4473 BGC and pay $10.

Way back, I read this thread from conception, and what @808hondacrguy did regarding the situation, is more than many would.
IMO, he's a rarity in today's society.
Good on ya @808hondacrguy. If we ever make acquaintance, I'll reach out to shake your hand, because people like you are few.

they made him do a 4473 BGC and pay $10.
I was wondering about this part - but glad to see they followed the law.
Good on ya @808hondacrguy.
Yes it is!
I once turned in a gun a friend of mine found at the Deschutes river out of Redmond. It was long ago however and it was an illegal gun when he found it. It was Mossberg 500 with the barrel cut down to about the length of the load tube and the buttstock cut off to the pistol grip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top