JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went shooting early this morning with a few friends and found this about 50 yards from the area everyone parks. It was covered in dew, so it was there all night. My friends were all calling dibs on the parts, but I want it to go back to the owner. I left a note there with my phone number, placed ads on facebook, and craigslist, but they were flagged and removed. I have left info with LGSs in the area. Maybe someone on here is missing it? I know I would have went back last night if it was mine, but I digress. If it's yours, PM me with where you left it, specs on rifle, and the initials painted on the target, and I will get it back to you. Oh, yeah, one of my LGSs ran the number, and its not stolen.

20190716_114314.jpg

Glad to hear it wasn't stolen ...but the worrier in me wonders ...
If it was used in a crime and dumped.

Hopefully it was just a Oops , I thought I grabbed it , or , left it on the roof and it off kinda thing....
Andy

Good on you for not caving and letting your buddies part it out. That's a dirtbag move right there.

If it was me I would turn it in to the police. I would not want to hand off a rifle to someone based on their promises that it is theirs.
If the user can properly define marks on said file, this is enough for me. Portland police do this all the time with stolen bikes and other somewhat expensive material. If you can properly describe markings on an item, most likely it's been in your property.

So someone forgot the rifle and the target ... God damn probably beennup there since the weekend ... I would imagin i could leave a target like that and say "well thats a gonner" and not go bacj for it ... But the rifle ... Oh man idk what i would do ... Probaly panic

Yep! The owner can report it lost and LEO can make sure it gets back to him/her.

Yeah, in this day and age, you could probably get in trouble if it is in your possesion and not registered to you. I know it's dumb, but that's how it is anymore. I would have contacted the state police and let them handle it..

Yeah, in this day and age, you could probably get in trouble if it is in your possesion and not registered to you. I know it's dumb, but that's how it is anymore. I would have contacted the state police and let them handle it..

Agreed. And it's just the right thing to do! :)

I have got quite a few calls from people saying the guy at the gun shop said I found their gun, but not one could tell me the brand of rifle, or BCG. Some people just got no class LOL. I will probably turn it over to the cops soon, but I am sure that it will go home with one of them if I do, been there, done that before with a Glock 42.

I have got quite a few calls from people saying the guy at the gun shop said I found their gun, but not one could tell me the brand of rifle, or BCG. Some people just got no class LOL. I will probably turn it over to the cops soon, but I am sure that it will go home with one of them if I do, been there, done that before with a Glock 42.
Oh man, you found my Glock 42?;)

How many guesses do I get to prove it's mine? :s0131:

I would normally try to keep the cops out of this, or just about any other, situation. However, in this case, the owner is most likely to contact the Sheriff's dept once he/she realizes the weapon is "missing" so that seems to be the most direct route to getting it back to its rightful owner.

It's pretty irresponsible to leave a weapon behind, but the presence of the target and stand indicates a rushed departure... maybe some unexpected emergency that launched the shooting party into a scatter-brained and rushed evac.

I once (early 90s) left my EDC revolver in a motel room in Kingman, AZ. The ensuing panic, sheepish phone call to the office, 200+mi detour to claim my gun, and resultant self-evaluation were enough to ensure that I never did that again.

People make mistakes. There's an unwarrented amount of stigma associated with firearms, if this was just the target, a set of keys, a wallet, a weed whacker, or something as equally innocuous we'd do our best to find the owner but that'd be the end of it.

And the antis say WE fetishize guns? Hoo Boy.

ETA: thank you for doing the right thing. "Found" treasure has an initial allure as you saw in your friends claims. Hopefully they eventually saw that you were doing the right thing...

Oh man, you found my Glock 42?;)
Quite a few years back, a crotch rocket was weaving through traffic, and someting flew off of him and hit my trucks grill. When I got home, I found a Glock 42 in the bed of my truck, I guess it bounced off the front and landed back there. Anyway, I turned it in the Eugene Police Dept, and they told me that if it was unclaimed in 90 days, it would be mine. I went back after about 4 months to see what happened with it, and surprise, no record of me turning it in. Things that make you go Hmmm.o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top