JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the mags are common enough, such as AR or AK or Glock 9mm, then if SHTF you cannot have too many. It is likely that a neighbor or group member might lose a mag, or have one (or more) that stops working, and not have enough spares. Having enough mags that you can afford to trade/give some to someone else is as beneficial as having plenty of ammo which can be bartered/shared.

I just bought 14 SIG 226 9mm mags when I already had more than enough for a loadout (4-5) for each SIG. Worst case, I could sell/barter them. The only downside is that now I have to test each mag to make sure it works properly before relying on it, and that burns up ammo.

My brother has it now, but I have always had a thing for octagon barrel lever actions, preferably a carbine as I found that long barrel a bit cumbersome in the dense Orygun woods.
I gifted my dad a 45-70 limited edition a few years back that has a 24" octagon-to-round barrel. It's a beauty. I guess I'll be getting it back now, but I'd much rather have kept dad.

And a follow up question... why are there still plenty of guns, while there's an obvious shortage of ammo?

ymmv, but I still see plenty of guns for sale at reasonable prices.
pretty simple if you have no ammo then if you have a pistol it then becomes a rock and a rifle then becomes a club.

I haven't seen any significant increase in prices of firearms like some of the others. The main difference is I typically have to wait for the gun I wanted which didn't used to be the case. I saw multiple Glock pistols still at MAP at my LGS just yesterday. Ammo was 35 a box of 50 for 9mm though. I just happened to buy a shadow systems MR920 at a reasonable price. There were still two more.

Maybe, or at least 4-5 cent.

It tickled me last time and hopefully will again when hoarders and flippers were frantically trying to limit their losses when the panic finally broke. Perhaps I'm a bad person after all.
YEP!! Again memories often seem very short. I well remember seeing good AR's under $500, ones that would shoot well for less than $400. NIB 1911's from Rem for $400. I did not want an AR but it was hard not to buy one. The 1911's were really hard to not buy a couple more. Right up until the lock down CCI MM was $6 a sleeve dropped at my door. That was cheaper than Wally was selling it for. When the dam broke a LOT of stuff was dumped on the market by people who had it stacked up. This time it may take a while as we have law makers daily making noise of trying to get more laws put over on us.
With ammo it's not hard for most to stack a bunch up. Guns is a little different. Few can afford to have 100's of them bought just to have. When the pipe line finally fills you will see a sudden dump on the market by people holding huge amounts of it trying to not take a loss. The way the current administration is going though it may take till mid terms. If they get totally stomped on by voters who finally woke up? That should start a huge dump going. If voters insist on voting the same idiots back in? May take a little longer.

And a follow up question... why are there still plenty of guns, while there's an obvious shortage of ammo?

ymmv, but I still see plenty of guns for sale at reasonable prices.
Some guns have skyrocketed for no apparent reason other than demand. Smith and Wesson 15-22 for example was $299 with a red dot early this year. Now it's $500 with no red dot. Many of the high sales volume pistols I have seen the same thing. Simple supply and demand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top