JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An interesting article on Politico about Obama:

President Barack Obama hasn’t done much of anything to curb Americans’ gun rights.

Despite his 2008 campaign pledges, he hasn’t pushed to reinstate the assault weapons ban. And he hasn’t tried to force background checks on people who buy firearms from unlicensed dealers at gun shows.

In fact, he’s barely said a word about guns during his presidency, other than urging “the beginning of a new discussion” on the issue after then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot.

But the National Rifle Association and many gun enthusiasts still deeply distrust and fear him.

The powerful gun rights group — which is setting aside at least $40 million to defeat Obama in November — claims he would gut the Second Amendment in his second term through a series of domestic or international moves that he’s been hesitant to advance over the past three-plus years.

Thoughts about this? While he's certainly no friend of the second amendment, he also hasn't done much in this area during his first term. Things haven't been as bad as I thought they would be. Of course, that's no guarantee he won't push this issue if elected again - either through supreme court choices, legislation or executive action.

The distrust is due to statements that he has made before he was elected. A bill to gut the 2nd would be a major undertaking that would create a firestorm and likely a long legislative fight. It would also cost a lot of political capital. He has decided to spend his on gays in the military and Obamacare during his first term.
So, the fear is that he will turn his attention to gun control sometimes during his next 4 years.

Mitt Romney is the same as Obama. Same healthcare, same gun control laws. The guy is a joke, the only difference is that he will be able to appoint Conservative Supreme Justices.

He has decided to spend his on gays in the military and Obamacare during his first term.

You shouldn't worry if they are gay or not. They are fighting to protect our freedom just like the rest of our soldiers.

Mitt Romney is the same as Obama. Same healthcare, same gun control laws. The guy is a joke, the only difference is that he will be able to appoint Conservative Supreme Justices.

You shouldn't worry if they are gay or not. They are fighting to protect our freedom just like the rest of our soldiers.

Did I say I was worried about it?
I only stated what he has spent his political capital on.
if you disagree with that statement then make a counter-argument, don't try to project your own bias onto what I wrote (which was pretty straight forward).

The passage of his Health Care Law should be enough. Substitute anything gun related and we could see something similar. The Constitution and 2A are no longer sacred and can be usurped by a poor speaking, most horrible representation of a president we have had since Carter.

I for one am not afraid of puppet Obama..... the guy is a joke and blackmailed big time. His birth certificate is questionable... just listen to Sheriff Arpaio. This guy (Obama) is the same guy that was "against" the NDAA but on new years eve he signed it. People think it's gonna be good to vote for Mittens instead of Obama, what people don't understand is that Mittens is a flip flop and he is just as bad. I will not be an accessory to a crime by voting for either looser. We the people are also at fault because we are too dumb to stand up for our rights. To be honest I am guilty of being part of the problem because I am not doing what is my duty as an American citizen. I do try to educate people but it's hard because there are a lot of ignorant people out there and they look at me like I am crazy.

I for one am not afraid of puppet Obama..... the guy is a joke and blackmailed big time. His birth certificate is questionable... just listen to Sheriff Arpaio. This guy (Obama) is the same guy that was "against" the NDAA but on new years eve he signed it. People think it's gonna be good to vote for Mittens instead of Obama, what people don't understand is that Mittens is a flip flop and he is just as bad. I will not be an accessory to a crime by voting for either looser. We the people are also at fault because we are too dumb to stand up for our rights. To be honest I am guilty of being part of the problem because I am not doing what is my duty as an American citizen. I do try to educate people but it's hard because there are a lot of ignorant people out there and they look at me like I am crazy.

A teaspoon of machine oil spoils barrel of honey. Arpaio is a tiny clown, and Obama's certificate was confirmed by the state of Hawaii upon official request from the state of Arizona. Just because somebody screams the loudest, doesn't mean they're right.

A teaspoon of machine oil spoils barrel of honey. Arpaio is a tiny clown, and Obama's certificate was confirmed by the state of Hawaii upon official request from the state of Arizona. Just because somebody screams the loudest, doesn't mean they're right.

I would be hesitant to trust Hawaii on the matter. They absolutely love him over there, (nearly every store has Obama stickers, shirts, bobble heads, tiki's, board games, story books and even coloring books) it would not surprise me if they flat out lied to protect him. I have yet to see an explanation of all the computer edits to his certificate either.

As for the topic, I think he knew it would be suicide (figuratively speaking), to even touch on gun control in his first term. If he plans do do anything it will be in his next time around. Notice how open ended he answers gun control questions. Things like, I know America has a hunting heritage, and I don't want to get rid of that. (not what the 2nd amend. is about is it Barry), and I don't support an "All out ban on handguns", (but you do want to ban some?)

The distrust is due to statements that he has made before he was elected.

His words then were pandering to a base. What politician doesn't do that? At any rate, words are one thing and actions another. Who was it that signed the legislation that allowed concealed carry in national parks? Hmmmm .... let me think .... thinking .... Was it Bush? No ..... Obama? DING DING DING!

Here's the other thing: What pupose would the NRA serve if gun laws were liberalized rather than restricted like they were during Clintons term? The NRA is trying to stir the pot of fear in order to fill their cofers. There is nothing more dangerous to an organization than realizing they might become irrelevant. The fear mongering is job security for the NRA.

I would be hesitant to trust Hawaii on the matter. They absolutely love him over there, (nearly every store has Obama stickers, shirts, bobble heads, tiki's, board games, story books and even coloring books) it would not surprise me if they flat out lied to protect him. I have yet to see an explanation of all the computer edits to his certificate either.

I'm sorry, you don't trust Hawaii because they like Obama, but trust Arizona (or rather a clown from Arizona) because they dislike him there ? You need to establish your baseline, otherwise you can't have an objective opinion.

As for the topic, I think he knew it would be suicide (figuratively speaking), to even touch on gun control in his first term. If he plans do do anything it will be in his next time around.

A lot of people here say that. Not sure why though, since the second term is not for life (we aren't electing a king), and any drastic stuff can be reversed by the next president. Assuming of course Congress passes some restrictions in the first place. Also presidents can be impeached. I mean there are just so many variables here, I don't understand why people believe in some absolute conspiracies.

You really like to assume peoples political opinions. I could care less what that guy from Arizona says. I've downloaded and looked at the certificate myself. I dont need to take someone else's word.

Secondly, my concern is my concern. the last stupid gun ban lasted 10years. Just because the president leaves doesn't mean his policies go with him.

You really like to assume peoples political opinions. I could care less what that guy from Arizona says. I've downloaded and looked at the certificate myself. I dont need to take someone else's word.

You mean you are an expert, and you've seen the original certificate ? Or perhaps you have access to the records in Hawaii ? Don't be silly ;)

Red Herring. Obamas lawyers have testified twice that I know of that the online Birth Certificate is doctored.

Why call Arpaio a clown? His experts found out the same thing as Obamas own lawyers admitted. It's a fake.

Now why would Obama post a fake BC? Got me. Wish the media would look into it. It was good to see the Washington Times report on it yesterday.

Red Herring. Obamas lawyers have testified twice that I know of that the online Birth Certificate is doctored.

Why call Arpaio a clown? His experts found out the same thing as Obamas own lawyers admitted? It's a fake.

Now why would Obama post a fake BC? Got me. Wish the media would look into it. It was good to see the Washington Times report on it yesterday.

To be honest, I don't really care what some lawyers, Fox News, or some old clown have to say. People here talk about how Constitution is sacred and stuff. So read the Full Faith And Credit clause, and get your reality straight - word of the state of Hawaii is final, as per the Constitution.

It is important to keep in mind that Obama cannot do anything to curb 2A rights. As the OP stated, so far Obama has not done anything to even attempt to restrict firearms. In fact it appears that he has tried to generate interest in a universal concealed weapons license program. But no matter what Obama may or may not do with regard to 2A rights, it still has to get through congress. No way anything that curbs our rights is going to make it through the congressional voting process. Those boys in congress aren't interested in anything as politically suicidal as stepping on gun rights.

Why call Arpaio a clown? His experts found out the same thing as Obamas own lawyers admitted? It's a fake.

Don't depend on the presstitute media to educate you, do your own research. I am thinking that there is a good chance that it has something to do with his (Obama's) real father, as far as the birth certificate goes.... There is a DVD out called DREAMS FROM MY REAL FATEHR.... and if you youtube it, there are some really interesting info as to what is in the movie. I would like to get the DVD and watch it.
Anyways I am not trying to move away from the OP...
51GKVhhPUoL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Only difference between Obama and Romney, is that one is a Black Dude From Kenya. Ask Massachusetts how universal health care is working!! A good portion of the State's residence are on Medicaid(read welfare), due to the fact that business' packed up and left..Period...and so did I!! I was born and raised there, and it went to hell in a hand basket. If You believe that either one of these power hungry clowns is better than the other, I want some of what You are smoking....Vote Ron Paul...If an over whelming majority of Americans do, we could take the popular vote, and the Country back.....13 OUT

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top