JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why Gun law only affect the innocent.

Ordered a receiver on line that was an FFL item,

The post office tried to deliver it to my ffl on a Monday dec 27th when he is closed.

Normally they would redeliver it the next day but for some reason this was not and

It was on hold for a pick up or schedule a redelivery.

My ffl says he is sure they will re deliver it any day

Yet as of Jan 6 it was still sitting at post office waiting, so I get the call center explain that it need to be redelivered (ffl to FFL going to a gun store etc. ) and I get a confirmation # for the scheduled re delivery

For Fri the 7th. So as of jan 8th still no package so I go to post office and tell story to the person working the counter ((ffl to FFL going to a gun store etc. ) they look for package and ask for my I.D.

They return with the FFL package and confirm with me the delivery address all checks out and she hands me my I.D. and scans the package and --- hands it to me--- and says "here you go"

I am not the FFL it was addressed to, my name is Not on the package, I did not sign any document showing I and picked it up.

Still in shock at the federal gun violation from the post office, I Took the box down to my FFl three blocks away and handed the unopened box to him and told him what had just happened. Long story short he did his paper work I filled out mine, and found out this has happened before with the same post office, told the FFL if they want me as a witness , not a problem, you see if I was a criminal I would not follow the gun Laws, but as a law abiding citizen only we are affected by gun Law's.

Yep gun laws dont affect criminals who dont obey laws. We have over 20,000 gun laws on the books nation wide, how differnt would things be if it was 20,000 laws protecting your right to defend yourself family and property.

Wow, that's really irresponsible on someones or a few peoples parts during this process. That could have really put you in unnecessarily law trouble. Sorry to hear.

You would have screwed over both FFL's if you hadn't done the right thing. If they'd been audited by the "AFT" their "bound books" wouldn't reconcile and there'd be some 'splainin' to do and may have even gotten traced back to you receiving it illegally at the post office…. Then YOU would have some 'splainin' to do.

The post office tried to deliver it to my ffl on a Monday dec 27th when he is closed.

Normally they would redeliver it the next day but for some reason this was not and

Yet as of Jan 6 it was still sitting at post office waiting, so I get the call center explain that it need to be redelivered (ffl to FFL going to a gun store etc. ) and I get a confirmation # for the scheduled re delivery

For Fri the 7th. So as of jan 8th still no package so I go to post office and tell story to the person working the counter ((ffl to FFL going to a gun store etc. ) they look for package and ask for my I.D.

They return with the FFL package and confirm with me the delivery address all checks out and she hands me my I.D. and scans the package and --- hands it to me--- and says "here you go"

I am not the FFL it was addressed to, my name is Not on the package, I did not sign any document showing I and picked it up.

Still in shock at the federal gun violation from the post office, I Took the box down to my FFl three blocks away and handed the unopened box to him and told him what had just happened. Long story short he did his paper work I filled out mine, and found out this has happened before with the same post office, told the FFL if they want me as a witness , not a problem, you see if I was a criminal I would not follow the gun Laws, but as a law abiding citizen only we are affected by gun Law's.
I bought a rifle off gunbroker and the same thing happened to me but in my case FedX sent it to my house. Luckly I was home and did not except. The driver new were the ffl lived up the rd but still had to take it back to the hub. My ffl was nice enough to pick it up for me at the hub himself or it was gonna have to be shipped back. It was a strange deal so I hear ya. In my case the shipper had mixed up the purchaser (me) for the ffl.

Last Edited:
I see no way the FFL could have gotten in trouble with the ATF. The receiver was never under the control of the FFL until the buyer walked in the shop and handed it to him. The only party here breaking the law I can see is the clerk at the post office. Its possible that the buyer by receiving the receiver without having gone through the BGC etc. could have been in some trouble. But I doubt it.

Years ago when I had an FFL, the postman left a box containing an Uzi outside my door. Luckily it was still there hours later when I came to work

Criminals-Obey-the-law.jpg

It's NOT a comment on YOU.

Aloha, Mark

I see no way the FFL could have gotten in trouble with the ATF. The receiver was never under the control of the FFL until the buyer walked in the shop and handed it to him. The only party here breaking the law I can see is the clerk at the post office. Its possible that the buyer by receiving the receiver without having gone through the BGC etc. could have been in some trouble. But I doubt it.
the PO did not write any of my information down she "looked" at my ID scanned the package and handed it to me ergo as far as the PO was concerned the FFL had received the package again ergo as Stomper said "You would have screwed over both FFL's if you hadn't done the right thing. If they'd been audited by the "AFT" their "bound books" wouldn't reconcile and there'd be some 'splainin' to do and may have even gotten traced back to you receiving it illegally at the post office…. Then YOU would have some 'splainin' to do." except i would have no splanin to do as none of my in-fo was recording as picking it up....

would the postal clerk have any reason to think there was a gun inside? she was just trying to do you a solid by givin you your package after an ordeal.. im sure federal firearms laws arent something she spends much (any?) time thinking about. yes - that was a breech, but doesnt strike me as grossly offensive, just mildly careless

would the postal clerk have any reason to think there was a gun inside? she was just trying to do you a solid by givin you your package after an ordeal.. im sure federal firearms laws arent something she spends much (any?) time thinking about. yes - that was a breech, but doesnt strike me as grossly offensive, just mildly careless
Isn't it against Federal law for a mailman to hand over mail to someone who doesn't match the name/address on a package?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top