JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hopefully someday it will read "Oregon and Washington overturn SB941, I594 and constitutional carry is now nation wide"

oh and "california has now sunk into the ocean"

On a federal level maybe but not in Oregon and Washington, and certainly not in California.
We can only wish.

Gun control here is more about "winning" and spite than an actual attempt to make us safer. We, the opposition, are having our faces ground in the gravel to suit the whims of those currently in control.

The best we can do is articulate our side as best we can, show up in numbers to protest, and make it as hard for them as possible knowing that they have the numbers to win. Go kicking and screaming and NOT as docile sheep.

The ultimate intent is for government to have guaranteed power over the people and not the other way around as written into both the US and Oregon Constitutions.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

I won't believe gun control is dead until every politician stops chasing after it. I'm not that optimistic myself. And, as others have said, even if it were dwindling on the national level, it's strong as ever in CA, OR, WA, and several other states. We are, for the time being, a bit hosed.

Waiting to see what the NRA is going to do for us; now that so many of us have supported the national battles....

I'm not expecting much; giving my legislative money to OFF.

Waiting to see what the NRA is going to do for us; now that so many of us have supported the national battles....

I'm not expecting much; giving my legislative money to OFF.

I'd be willing to give some $$ to SAF if they would come down to OR and fight Salem like they fight Olympia. I don't see OFF doing much for us - I'll support them, but they don't take a fight to Salem, at least I've never seen them do it - I just don't think Kevin has anything to hold over their heads, if he did, he could have stopped SB 941. OFF won't be able to stop what's coming this year either - just tell us we need to call and write our legislators.

I think it would be dangerous and might I say idiotic to believe that the government would ever stop trying to control guns.
Along with some of the other statements above,you must always remember it's not about guns but control.
Irresponsible is the word I wanted.
It would be very irresponsible to believe the gubment would stop the fight for gun control

I'd be willing to give some $$ to SAF if they would come down to OR and fight Salem like they fight Olympia. I don't see OFF doing much for us - I'll support them, but they don't take a fight to Salem, at least I've never seen them do it - I just don't think Kevin has anything to hold over their heads, if he did, he could have stopped SB 941. OFF won't be able to stop what's coming this year either - just tell us we need to call and write our legislators.

Agree

I think the only thing stopping the Oregon super majority from taking the rest of our individual liberties is the amount of time they have; 2017 being a long session, all we have is the law requiring them to read each law in its entirety before it can be voted on.

I expect the Right-Leaning state lawmakers to do whatever it takes to preserve whatever is left of our individual liberties.

I won't believe gun control is dead until every politician stops chasing after it. I'm not that optimistic myself. And, as others have said, even if it were dwindling on the national level, it's strong as ever in CA, OR, WA, and several other states. We are, for the time being, a bit hosed.

I can think of 3 'elites' who won't be done fighting guns until they are dead & maybe not even then :eek::eek:

I expect the Right-Leaning state lawmakers to do whatever it takes to preserve whatever is left of our individual liberties.

Unfortunately, I think @bolus found a stunning lack of support from the Oregon GOP leadership during his recall efforts last year. I don't expect any of them, except for those who have stood up for the 2A in the past, to do jack except to roll over on their backs so they can get a tummy rub from their Democrat masters.

Unfortunately, I think @bolus found a stunning lack of support from the Oregon GOP leadership during his recall efforts last year. I don't expect any of them, except for those who have stood up for the 2A in the past, to do jack except to roll over on their backs so they can get a tummy rub from their Democrat masters.

Yesser, only one thing has changed for the better as I see it; we will have a reasonable Secretary of State who will follow the law. If we bring him enough signatures....if the conservatives in this state bring him enough signatures, we can get measures on the ballots.

It will take the 2 years cycles but the fights for Individual Liberty are never over anyway.

And don't forget that this election for Governor was only for the remaining 2 years on Kitzhaber's 4th term, so we'll be voting on a Gov again in just 2 years. Hopefully we can get a stronger candidate this time. Either that, or something runs Gov Kate out of office and Richardson becomes Gov by default :rolleyes:

It seems all we can do is make it clear that by having so many guns in the hands of citizens,the country is more protected from foreign invasion than ever.
Of course maybe that isn't what the real PTB want?

The funny thing about trying to enforce magazine bans on a state level is that people can, and will, simply buy them and bring them in from out of state. They don't have serial numbers so you can't track them, and only a handful of states passing laws aren't going to cause manufacturers to start adding serial numbers. Again, it's more about control than actually stopping guns or magazines, since they have no real ability to enforce any of these foolish laws, only to tag on an extra charge when someone is caught breaking the law with them. Nope, without a national level ban/restriction, you're just screwing with your own state's residents, and not making any real or measurable change.

Their democrat masters? And here I thought they were both puppets. Tell me, what happened that led you to believe that the democratic leaders are intelligent enough to be the ones pulling the strings?

The funny thing about trying to enforce magazine bans on a state level is that people can, and will, simply buy them and bring them in from out of state. They don't have serial numbers so you can't track them, and only a handful of states passing laws aren't going to cause manufacturers to start adding serial numbers. Again, it's more about control than actually stopping guns or magazines, since they have no real ability to enforce any of these foolish laws, only to tag on an extra charge when someone is caught breaking the law with them.
Mag bans are nothing. You just don't use them till you don't care what's legal or not. The caly button is what sucks
Heck in California they had legal mags that were 20-30 rounders with a rivet at the 10 round marko_O
Hmmm;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads