JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why gun rights activist Gottlieb was right about Nov. 2 elections

As this column noted last week here, this year’s election most assuredly is about gun rights. It is also about something else, at least here in Washington State, and especially in King County. It will be about honesty, and whether King County can finally shed its reputation for voter fraud biased toward Democrats.

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

I stupidly voted for Perot in '92 because I was just so PO'd with the Republican party and I have regretted it ever since. Never again will I cast a protest vote for a 3rd party candidate that has no chance.

I stupidly voted for Perot in '92 because I was just so PO'd with the Republican party and I have regretted it ever since. Never again will I cast a protest vote for a 3rd party candidate that has no chance.

Folks like you, spreading that wisdom, are the only hope for this election. I have spoken with, and traded e-mail with, all of the fools I hope to hear from, telling me they will vote for Clint just to show the Republicans they are not convinced Rossi is the right choice.

They're months too late. That election is over with. Such people are, t this point, morons.

Some years you just have to vote against someone that is too far off of your ideal. Or someone with a track record that proves they are dangerous to your way of life.

I hope for the day that is not the case.

Folks like you, spreading that wisdom, are the only hope for this election. I have spoken with, and traded e-mail with, all of the fools I hope to hear from, telling me they will vote for Clint just to show the Republicans they are not convinced Rossi is the right choice.

They're months too late. That election is over with. Such people are, t this point, morons.

Do you really think there are people who are going to write in clint or paul? They must be nuts! We have only one shot at beating murrrrray and that's with all of us voting for Rossi.

Some years you just have to vote against someone that is too far off of your ideal. Or someone with a track record that proves they are dangerous to your way of life.

I hope for the day that is not the case.

I get your point, but if you're talking specifically about the Rossi/Murray race I don't really see Rossi as a danger to my way of life. Murray is! Even though I don't live in WA, whoever is elected to that Senate seat will have an impact on my life and others on the Natl. level. Didier is a sore loser and has childishly refused to support Rossi because Rossi is "too far off his ideal". The result may very give WA state a Murray victory. If Rossi loses because Didier supporters sat out the election there will be a lot of "idealists" feeling pretty stupid after the election.

I think that was exactly what DW was alluding to in the post prior to mine.
I was agreeing with him. And apparently you too.
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear(er).

Come on Dave, I expect better from a journalist! How about some civility?:s0155:

I was being civil. Presumably, you want honesty from a journalist as well.
If you want me to take off the gloves, I will.

I am so tired of people who just bluster about casting a "protest vote." Invariably, within 6 months or so, these people are complaining about "Why didn't the NRA stop this?" or "Why don't you do something about these people in Congress?"

It's almost like they are masochistic...as though they want to maintain an atmosphere in which they can complain.

It's nuts.

As a journalist/political commentator Dave, you should be ashamed of yourself,...

It's not civility that's lacking. It's political correctness! ;) Either are likely to suffer under the scrutiny of the truth.
Keep up the good work. :s0155:

P.S. And don't be afraid to tackle some of Oregon's morons from time to time either!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top