JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While shooting today I bumped into a fellow shooter who had a glock 10mm. It had a LWD conversion barrel. He showed me one of the rounds he made. It was, sure enough, 10mm headstamp - but it was necked down to accept a 9mm projectile. I had never seen anything like this before - Have you? He claimed the MV to be around 2000 fps. It was a scary looking round! He gave me one to take home.

While shooting today I bumped into a fellow shooter who had a glock 10mm. It had a LWD conversion barrel. He showed me one of the rounds he made. It was, sure enough, 10mm headstamp - but it was necked down to accept a 9mm projectile. I had never seen anything like this before - Have you? He claimed the MV to be around 2000 fps. It was a scary looking round! He gave me one to take home.
Like a stretched 357 Sig... Pretty interesting. Sounds like the ballistics of a 357 Max in an autoloader.

Sounds like a 9x25 Dillon.

Out of my 4 handguns
I have 2 that shoot 9mm exclusively and 2 that shoot .40 and .357 (1 also converts to 9mm) so I can compare with ease.

Personally I find that in the small ultra compact or compact polymer guns (lightweight or ultra light) I prefer the 9mm. In all-metal compact or full-size I find no appreciable difference between 9mm and .40

I don't like the .40 in the smaller guns, which many manufacturers have made available. I have a PPS in 9mm and have shot the .40. For me the felt recoil is too much in .40 for more than a hundred rounds but just right in 9mm for all day.

In the heavier P229 & P239 .40 and .357 Sig, both are quite enjoyable to shoot, and in 9mm very easy on the hands.

my .02 cents
I think the current trend in making small carry guns that were made for 9mm available in heavier calibers may be some of what you see. Once tried in these ultra compact many people assume it is the cartridge that is the issue, not the fact that the gun is either too small or too light to compensate for recoil for the cartridge, especially for small hands, or those not using a good grip and stance to take the recoil properly.

Out of my 4 handguns
I have 2 that shoot 9mm exclusively and 2 that shoot .40 and .357 (1 also converts to 9mm) so I can compare with ease.

Personally I find that in the small ultra compact or compact polymer guns (lightweight or ultra light) I prefer the 9mm. In all-metal compact or full-size I find no appreciable difference between 9mm and .40

I don't like the .40 in the smaller guns, which many manufacturers have made available. I have a PPS in 9mm and have shot the .40. For me the felt recoil is too much in .40 for more than a hundred rounds but just right in 9mm for all day.

In the heavier P229 & P239 .40 and .357 Sig, both are quite enjoyable to shoot, and in 9mm very easy on the hands.

my .02 cents
I think the current trend in making small carry guns that were made for 9mm available in heavier calibers may be some of what you see. Once tried in these ultra compact many people assume it is the cartridge that is the issue, not the fact that the gun is either too small or too light to compensate for recoil for the cartridge, especially for small hands, or those not using a good grip and stance to take the recoil properly.

I could not agree more. I love my revolvers but in a semi auto I have had the same experience. A gun is a tool. If you used a light poly shovel all day for landscaping you would be dying.
In my full size pistols 40 is very fun to shoot all day. In a shield it is not so fun after a bit

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top