JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
YOU-DONT-NEED.jpg

That's what going on Ferguson right now. Stories of shop owners standing guard with rifles because the police were too timid to do theor jobs and stop the looting. So they looked on from a few blocks away as people were getting robbed.

That's what going on Ferguson right now. Stories of shop owners standing guard with rifles because the police were too timid to do their jobs and stop the looting. So they looked on from a few blocks away as people were getting robbed.
I have no issue with that. I understand and approve. it's the statement about "military style" which got me and seems unnecessary.

I saw the best T-shirt:

"Why do I need to own one of these"
**Picture of an AR**
"Because F*** you thats why."

Bet they have a bumper sticker.

Some guys may dislike the vulgar language.. However I don't like tip toeing around with antis anymore.. Bluntness usually sums everything up.

I saw the best T-shirt:

"Why do I need to own one of these"
**Picture of an AR**
"Because F*** you thats why."

Bet they have a bumper sticker.

Some guys may dislike the vulgar language.. However I don't like tip toeing around with antis anymore.. Bluntness usually sums everything up.

I own that shirt, except it has a FAL on it.

After decades of research and untold millions spent the police have armed themselves with ARs and high cap handguns. They chose those weapons as the best they could have to survive a criminal attack. Why would any thinking person carry anything less than what the police do, are we fighting different criminals?

Any AR/AK/FAL or what have you I can purchase is NOT "Military style". That denotes the ability to fire on full automatic/burst. They don't. The cops have military style weapons in abundance.

I think you are confused with the term "Assault Rifle" not military style rifle. The military definition of assault rifle is a medium caliber shoulder held rifle with the capabilitiy of selective fire. My AK is a military style rifle but not an assault rifle. I can only shoot in semi automatic.

That's the funny thing about definitions, everyone seems to have their own. And I am pretty sure that the M16 is a military version of a civilian rifle that was adopted into military service (just like most "military" weapons).

So really, when they are talking about military style weapons, that term does not even apply to AR-15s. Bet they would be surprised to find that out.

"Military Style" to me is another one of those appellations created to scare people. As for Assault Rifle = selective fire using intermediate sized cartridge: these would be your AK and AR
Battle rifle= full size cartridge ala 7.62 x 51 from the M-14 or FAL

Both are military rifles

That's the funny thing about definitions, everyone seems to have their own. And I am pretty sure that the M16 is a military version of a civilian rifle that was adopted into military service (just like most "military" weapons).

So really, when they are talking about military style weapons, that term does not even apply to AR-15s. Bet they would be surprised to find that out.

So I will fact check myself here. I did a little more looking into the history of the AR-15, and while it did come before the M16, it was designed with the intent of meeting the military requirements for their new weapons platform, and the original AR-15s were select-fire. It was immediately marketed to the civilian market however.

Regardless, I still think "military style" is a stupid and pointless description only intended to scare people who don't know any better. The "style" can be changed by changing the furniture or accessories while leaving the function of the weapon exactly the same.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top