Why Does Anybody Need Military-Style Rifles?

clearconscience

Reactions
That's what going on Ferguson right now. Stories of shop owners standing guard with rifles because the police were too timid to do theor jobs and stop the looting. So they looked on from a few blocks away as people were getting robbed.

Reactions
That's what going on Ferguson right now. Stories of shop owners standing guard with rifles because the police were too timid to do their jobs and stop the looting. So they looked on from a few blocks away as people were getting robbed.
I have no issue with that. I understand and approve. it's the statement about "military style" which got me and seems unnecessary.

ZA_Survivalist

Reactions
I saw the best T-shirt:

"Why do I need to own one of these"
**Picture of an AR**
"Because F*** you thats why."

Bet they have a bumper sticker.

Some guys may dislike the vulgar language.. However I don't like tip toeing around with antis anymore.. Bluntness usually sums everything up.

Reactions
Any AR/AK/FAL or what have you I can purchase is NOT "Military style". That denotes the ability to fire on full automatic/burst. They don't. The cops have military style weapons in abundance.

I think you are confused with the term "Assault Rifle" not military style rifle. The military definition of assault rifle is a medium caliber shoulder held rifle with the capabilitiy of selective fire. My AK is a military style rifle but not an assault rifle. I can only shoot in semi automatic.

Reactions
That's the funny thing about definitions, everyone seems to have their own. And I am pretty sure that the M16 is a military version of a civilian rifle that was adopted into military service (just like most "military" weapons).

So really, when they are talking about military style weapons, that term does not even apply to AR-15s. Bet they would be surprised to find that out.

Reactions
That's the funny thing about definitions, everyone seems to have their own. And I am pretty sure that the M16 is a military version of a civilian rifle that was adopted into military service (just like most "military" weapons).

So really, when they are talking about military style weapons, that term does not even apply to AR-15s. Bet they would be surprised to find that out.
So I will fact check myself here. I did a little more looking into the history of the AR-15, and while it did come before the M16, it was designed with the intent of meeting the military requirements for their new weapons platform, and the original AR-15s were select-fire. It was immediately marketed to the civilian market however.

Regardless, I still think "military style" is a stupid and pointless description only intended to scare people who don't know any better. The "style" can be changed by changing the furniture or accessories while leaving the function of the weapon exactly the same.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
Top Bottom