JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is no reason for silencers or short barrel rifles to be regulated by NFA. The only thing that would speed the process is if the $200 can't be cashed until the ATF employee does their job. My experience with ATF employees makes me consider them to be nothing but disgusting government bureaucrats who would have no problem working for German government under the third Reich.

It is not the ATF/NFA employees, I have called every week since March first and receive the same answer every time; "We are waiting for the FBI to finish the background check"

You know that every time you call it adds 4 days to your wait time right?

E

Several things the way I see it...

Bungling Federal ineptitude.

A $200 tax designed to be discouraging/restrictive (at least in the year it was first cooked up).

Too few agents working on it. * (not in the common sense, generally analysts and other clerical types sitting all day in a cubicle with no real incentive to be efficient)
Paper forms.
Big surge in prospective participants as citizen's rights are being incrementally and systematically undermined with eventual total bans as the endgame.

What could possibly go wrong?

It certainly doesn't stop with NFA transfers at the ATF.

How would you like to spend thousands of dollars and a year to have your wife allowed to enter the US legally. (yeah..people still do come here that way, some at least) No administrative road bocks, no mistakes made with the paperwork, " just took that long to process the Visa approval through the Dept of State and Immigration.

If I hadn't gone into a US Senator's office to complain I don't know how long it would have taken. (no, it wasn't either of the two jokes in office in Oregon at the moment) A few emails to Immigration, State, and an Embassy and my wife was here in a week.

@teflon97239....

Afterthought to my post above...
Of course if suppressors were to come off the list, they'd immediately cut staff at ATF
:s0113:

Last Edited:
The entire federal government works this way especially the niche stuff. Its just that the only part of it a lot of us see is the BATF procedure. Immigration, ePA, etc all work the same way. Years for an approval on some stuff. NFA is as niche as you get and gets very little in the way of available resources dedicated to streamlining the process. They're from the government and they flat don't care.

Government ineptitude at its finest.

The only example of higher dumbassness is the old decrepids in office.

"The N-DEx system, with its access to over 400 million records"
Population of USA: 325 million

hmmmmm right

Our current system is very slow and broken and fraught with bureaucratic ineptness. So we are replacing it with a much larger more complex system run by the same bureaucratic inept who cant identify terrorists after they have been told they are terrorists.

That is what holds be back on getting a suppressor is the LONG WAIT ugh
You fork out 600-1200 bucks and wait and wait ..........
Me too - kind of.

I've been hoping the HPA bill would get passed and then...

But as I suspected, this just isn't any kind of priority for the GOP or the POTUS - it was yet another promise that they can't fulfill even if they wanted to - they would much rather waste time arguing about immigration, trying to get billions to waste on a "wall", and sending jobs overseas by enacting tariffs and getting into a trade war.

Not that I am losing money - yet - I am making more because of the lumber tariffs, but a trade war isn't helping the economy any, other people are suffering and long term isn't looking good to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top