JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is Obama administration promoting gun control racism?

:s0092:
For the first time since it became required in 2012 for new gun buyers to show their race and ethnicity on the federal Form 4473, the demand for that information – an Obama administration idea designed to comply with a reporting standard adopted during the Clinton administration – is now being questioned, according to yesterday's Washington Times.

<broken link removed>

This race, ethnicity question appears on all sorts of forms and applications these days. I usually just ignore it and leave it all blank.

You can't get a tooth pulled without seeing forms with questions like: Do you own firearms? If so where do you keep them? Are you a dog or a cat person?.... And other questions of dire importance for the upcoming procedure/checkup. I always answer completely and honestly....;)

4473 ethnicity question: cracker/honkie

Gimme' my gun now please

Last Edited:
On the whole as a non-criminal free American, the form 4473 upsets me. In 2012 I purchased a AR at my lgs and was very taken aback when I read the new question placed in block 10A. I became very upset. Sickened. For years I have purchased firearms and never seen this block before. Am I criminally inclined just because I am Hispanic?! I feel that is insinuated by this question. Do my purchases come under some sort of special scrutiny because I am Hispanic? It really angers me when I purchase a firearm and have to fill out this block...should I wear a cloth TACO shaped patch from now on!? I am a American....that's all that matters!!:mad:

I was just on the ATF website and it says you must answer both question 10a. ( Hispanic or not) as well as 10b. (Race). On 10b. you may check one or more boxes (per the instructions). So I suppose on 10b. you could check them all and let them figure it out.;)

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

On the whole as a non-criminal free American, the form 4473 upsets me. In 2012 I purchased a AR at my lgs and was very taken aback when I read the new question placed in block 10A. I became very upset. Sickened. For years I have purchased firearms and never seen this block before. Am I criminally inclined just because I am Hispanic?! I feel that is insinuated by this question. Do my purchases come under some sort of special scrutiny because I am Hispanic? It really angers me when I purchase a firearm and have to fill out this block...should I wear a cloth TACO shaped patch from now on!? I am a American....that's all that matters!!:mad:

Yep, form was revised in 2012 and it's just now upsetting people?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The roots of gun control are steeped in racism (http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2014/03/10/progressive-racism-the-hidden-motive-driving-modern-politics/):

GUN CONTROL
Progressive position:
Restrict access to guns as much as possible; ultimately ban and confiscate them all.
False public rationale offered by progressives to justify their position:
Gun violence is a scourge on society; easy access to killing machines unnecessarily facilitates murder and crime.
Conservatives' inaccurate theory of progressives' real intent:
Progressives want to disarm the populace to prevent armed resistance to the eventual imposition of a leftist totalitarian police state.
The actual racist origins of the progressive stance:
White urban liberals are deathly afraid of black gangbangers with guns, but are ashamed to admit this publicly, so to mask their racist fears they try to ban guns for everyone, as a way of warding off the perception that their real goal is to target blacks specifically.

The basic dividing line in American politics is not (as it once was ) North vs. South, nor is it (as many people now assume) Coasts vs. Flyover Country, but rather Urban vs. Rural:

The new political divide is a stark division between cities and what remains of the countryside. Not just some cities and some rural areas, either — virtually every major city (100,000-plus population) in the United States of America has a different outlook from the less populous areas that are closest to it. The difference is no longer about where people live, it's about how people live: in spread-out, open, low-density privacy — or amid rough-and-tumble, in-your-face population density and diverse communities that enforce a lower-common denominator of tolerance among inhabitants. …The only major cities that voted Republican in the 2012 presidential election were Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, and Salt Lake City.

Or put more simply: In modern America, liberals live in cities; conservatives live in rural areas. And what else is concentrated in cities? African-Americans, and gun violence:

The 62 center cities of America's 50 largest metro areas account for 15 percent of the population but 39 percent of gun-related murders.

Putting all these statistics together, we see that large cities have high concentrations of white liberals alongside gun-using black criminals. And yet it is specifically in Democrat-voting big cities where most of the gun-control measures are proposed. Why is that? Are the white progressive urban dwellers afraid of rootin'-tootin' cowboys? Of backwoods deer hunters? Of hillbillies with shotguns? No: the average white progressive has never even met a cowboy, a hunter or a hillbilly. And frankly, progressives couldn't care less if rednecks own guns, because progressives aren't physically afraid of rednecks on a daily basis. Instead, they are afraid of gun violence at the hands of their fellow city-dwellers, the urban African-Americans who commit a wildly disproportionate percentage of the gun crimes in America.

Progressives don't want to ban guns to disarm resistance to any upcoming police state; that idea has never even occurred to them. Instead, progressives want to ban guns because progressives are afraid of black people.

But God forbid that progressives' racist motivations be exposed publicly. So to make the gun-control bans appear even-handed and race-neutral, progressives must try to ban guns for everyone, even though the bans are in reality aimed at one specific group. Rural gun-users are just collateral damage of a policy that actually targets inner-city blacks.​

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top