JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Because I read the paper and watch the news....this is just the beginning of a long thread.

Bullet fired into NE Salem house nearly hits sleeping child

A bullet fired at a northeast Salem home late Sunday penetrated an exterior wall, passing about a foot above a sleeping 6-year-old’s head, officials said.
Marion County sheriff’s deputies responded to several calls of shots being fired in the 400 block of Larussa Court NE about 10 p.m., sheriff’s spokeswoman Lt. Sheila Lorance said.

Two bullets had hit the home where the girl slept, Lorance said. One stuck in an outdoor fence but the other passed through the girl’s bedroom wall, Lorance said.
No one was injured and deputies don’t think the family was the intended target of the shots, Lorance said.
Investigators determined four to five shots had been fired. Another round hit a porch railing of a house in the 4600 block of Auburn Road NE, Lorance said.
Deputies are asking for help to find a potential witness, described as a woman with dark curly hair possibly wearing a hat and jacket, who was seen in the area before the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (503) 588-5032.

I think I need guns to blow the head off of any gun-toting, drug-running thug who happens to accidentally hit my daughter in the head with a stray bullet while she's sleeping.

Yes, I'd do it.

Keith

I agree with train I just think the system comes into play after something happens and then its just a big waste of money keeping some like that around, also things like home invasions, that are on the rise I just think I would rather protect my fanily instead of hoping someone else will.

Same reason I own a lot of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and carpentry hand tools.

Same reason I own a couple chainsaws, axes, splitting mauls, wedges,
Hydraulic log splitter.

Same reason I own a tablesaw, drillpress, chopsaw, and other fixed equipment.

Same reason I own duct tape and 550 paracord.

And a bunch of other stuff I have found handy to use over the last five decades.

They are tools, built for a purpose, nothing more, nothing less.

isher

I have guns because I refuse to depend on anyone else to protect myself, my family and my friends.

I have guns because I hunt.

It's not something I think about. It's a responsibility I take seriously.

And another reason....

The Point After tavern in northeast Salem has a squeaky front door, and when it opened this afternoon and a man with a bandana over his face and gun in his hand walked in, all the regulars turned to look. Then they were told to get on the floor.

The robber walked into the bar in the 4700 block of Portland Road NE about 4:20 p.m., fired shots into the ceiling and at the bartender and then walked out with an undisclosed amount of cash and a patron’s wallet.
Don Gabor lives nearby and was at the bar for a few drinks.
“You know everybody that comes into the bar,” he said. But the man who robbed the bar was a stranger, Gabor said.
“He’s got a revolver in his hand and he shoots it,” he said.
“There’s holes in the ceiling, four shots is what I counted.”
Four rounds were fired, Marion County sheriff’s spokeswoman Lt. Sheila Lorance said. Two lodged in the ceiling and two others were fired toward, but missed, the bartender, she said. One lodged in a pane of glass above the bar.
“About that time he told everyone to get on the floor,” Gabor said.
Eight to 10 patrons took to the ground and the suspect, who Gabor estimated was in the tavern a total of about 30 seconds, left.
“I see the cook run out the door, west on Blossom (Drive),” Gabor said. Gabor ran out after the cook and the suspect, but turned back.
“On my way back I found $40 that he had dropped in the parking lot on the way out,” Gabor said.
No one was injured, Lorance said.
She said the suspect is described as a black or Hispanic man with thin build and about 6-foot tall. He was wearing a dark stocking cap and white shirt with a black design on it, Lorance said.
Marion County sheriff’s deputies and canines are still searching the area near Portland Road and Blossom Drive for the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (503) 588-5032.

why do I find it necessary to breath, eat, walk, talk......

interesting, two incidents in Marion County.... both involving guns in the hands of creeps. Now, when that stranger walked into the bar, why couldn't anyone shoot back?

because the state holds that a man walking into a tavern and shooting the joint up, robbing the place and some patrons, is a higher moral value than a patron sitting in that bar with a handgun to put an end to it all.

Just think... if state law didn't demand a NO GUNS (read: goldfish bowl) policy for taverns and such, how many would-be perps might reconsider the idea of trying to rob such a place?

If I could buy a cop for as much as I could a gun and ammo I would....but until then, I'll go with what the budget says.

Oh, and a cop is too heavy for me to tote around on my hip...so a G22 will have to do.

If I could buy a cop for as much as I could a gun and ammo I would....but until then, I'll go with what the budget says.

Oh, and a cop is too heavy for me to tote around on my hip...so a G22 will have to do.

Besides,a G22 is a LOT cheaper to feed, clothe, and house, than a cop. Never snores at night, either. Barks on command, too.

I own guns because I can and our elected officials seem to believe that public safety is a low priority. If we want them to provide better public safety we need to vote higher taxes. They do seem to have plenty of money without going to the voters to give themselves raises and decorate their offices

Just think... if state law didn't demand a NO GUNS (read: goldfish bowl) policy for taverns and such, how many would-be perps might reconsider the idea of trying to rob such a place?

I didn't know taverns were another off-limits place for CHL holders. Can you cite the ORS for this? I received literature when I took my CHL class that said certain places were off-limits for CHL holders but don't recall bars/taverns etc. being on that list. Guess I've broken the law a couple of times. I don't drink but I've socialized at bars before.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top