JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No one can "know" the situation 30 years from now with that much certainty. Those who think they can are fooling themselves. I don't even know if I'll be alive in 30 years.

The people who bought gold at its peak in 1980 thought they could see the future. 29 years later, their gold was worth less than half of what they paid for it when adjusted for inflation.

Gold is always adjusted for inflation, by retaining it's value against all currencys, that is why you buy gold. Fiat money is never adjusted upward always downward and loses it's value.
I bought gold @260 fiat dollars and it's now worth 1700, that's not profit, just the falling fiat dollar.

I have to admit that this is a long thread and I did not read the entire thing, so if this has been said before forgive me...

But: The price of PM are based on a dollar value (simple thing), however if the dollar takes a crash (which it would directly related to a SHTF situation) the value of the PM is directly related to that new dollar value. So when a loaf of bread is selling/worth $50, you will be forced to trade one once of silver for that loaf (theoretically). So would your current funds are better spent on goods which will help you survive and make it through about 12-24 months of restructure.

Beyond the idea of a restructure; Extra funds beyond usable savings, retirement, etc..; would be sound judgment to have a diverse investment in PM which would carry over into any new currency. The idea of a dollar crash and collapse of our economic system is up for debate, but if it does happens; Ones ability to have and maintain theirs PM through the restructure will allow the person to retain the highest amount of net worth (i.e. a persons 401K might be junk).

I would not invest everything into PM even if you have a solid 24 months of supplies. But adding to your portfolio is always smart...

Ok, so I understand economics. Please don't quote me how many ounces of gold have been minded so far and numbers that try to prove a point, mainly by people selling gold, and the ones who are so into follow along because of their investment in it. Nor the centurys that gold has been used as a source of monetary value. Or that our country is based on it. LOL, I had to laugh after I typed that, LOL. AKA monopoly! So what is value? Fuel and energy, food, shelter, clean water, shiney metal that people make money from, or wait, things that people make money from, duh, I mean, ....it still comes out the same. The diamond is one of the worthless items in the world, other then used in industry for superb cutting. Yet as a value for investment, no, There is enough diamonds in vaults locked away to flood the market for ever. yet clever marketing has made most americans to believe a diamond is forever, and a girls best friend, and demand with limited supply becomes huge inflation. If you just paid thousands for your womens diamond, I hope you realize there are millions of them in london basements, only being leaked out in trickels so you pay 15% of your yearly income for one. Yea! :s0155:
So what makes gold so good. I never hear once, anyone say that is selling gold, how it is at its highest, and how you should never invest on anything that is at its highest. Do you do it in gas, how about, stocks, what about stock feed, or clothing? hmmm, well it is a valuable resource? Companys are not dumb, they avoid using it as much as possible because of the high prices. I can go on but now I feel I have lost money in just spending 15 minutes of my life debating gold. What if it falls? Does that mean I gain livable time value back, or do I loose days. So in the days of SHTF, or even in just a mild country wide termoil, why will Gold be worth more then my every 10 year red turd weighed in Kernals.

Well, I can make anyone crap a red turd. I can't make you crap gold or silver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top