JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I chose my bride because we were both members of the same archery club and although we went directly out to Cyprus a couple of weeks after we got married on September 10, 1971, we re-took up shooting sports on our return in 1974. She only gave up in 1997, when our cartridge-firing handguns were taken off us, and said she had no interest in BP stuff - too much like cooking and cleaning up after....

New item on the Powerball Win List: See about going 75/25 with Mr. & Mrs. @tac on a duplex in a free state where they can have a vacation-home with secure storage for "Can't Have Back Home" stuff.

I've already been looking at multiplexes as an option to help finance Operation Delocate and expand as budget allows, what's slapping on another unit or two? :)

A little late, but hope you two had a happy Golden Anniversary!

Granted, the odds of my getting that winning multimillion-dollar ticket are approximately comparable to those of my gal and I forming a long-term throuple with a Playmate of the Year... :(

Then again, I'm probably the only one here who's been smacked over the head with a SUBMARINE, so weirder crap has already happened around me.

Last Edited:
Something like a WWII Alaska-class. Technically, the Iowas kind of straddle the battleship-battlecruiser boundary line... they have the speed and hull-form of a battlecruiser, but the armor of a battleship.
Wow, there weren't too many of them and they didn't stick around very long, not even 3 years in commission...

Alaska-class cruiser

Granted, the odds of my getting that winning multimillion-dollar ticket are approximately comparable to those of my gal and I forming a long-term throuple with a Playmate of the Year... :(

Then again, I'm probably the only one here who's been smacked over the head with a SUBMARINE, so weirder crap has already happened around me.
@Diamondback Stories about Boats should be enjoyed with an adult beverage. If you're game, I'd like to hear this and compare it to my Boat sea stories.

Ive got carpet installers coming tomorrow to to the upstairs of the Palais de Wired. and floor refinishers doing the downstairs. Had my wife help me move a few guns between safes downstairs to up as I was cleaning the shop and don't really like to keep a few that rust when you look at them funny in that safe. The South Carolina humidity is brutal to the unclimatized and to weak blued finishes. HK mags rust when you look at them sideways.

So anyway the wife is dragging an AK up the stairs asking "why do you need so many guns? " not in the actually wanting an honest answer sort of way but more in the naggy sort of stop spending money on crap sort of way.

My only answer was...

What if I need to equip a platoon?

Keep it going...

View attachment 1030133
I have a krink sbr that's very similar to that.

Honestly, guns are neat and i like them. and in a perfectly stable world i'd be more into collecting.

With regard to equipping a platoon, i've thought of that. all the relatives come out to my place in the country and i open the armory. But, in an actual boogaloo, the would-be platoon that doesn't already own rifles and train may be of little use.

with that in mind, I'm selling off some inventory to get binocular night vision.

@Diamondback Stories about Boats should be enjoyed with an adult beverage. If you're game, I'd like to hear this and compare it to my Boat sea stories.
USS Bowfin, museum boat at Pearl Harbor. Folded myself in half to get through the hatchway... the leg stayed up long enough to get through, but the head didn't stay down. WHAM, right into it with the full force of my spine and back musculature... let's just say I know firsthand what a pinball feels like. :)

USS Bowfin, museum boat at Pearl Harbor. Folded myself in half to get through the hatchway... the leg stayed up long enough to get through, but the head didn't stay down. WHAM, right into it with the full force of my spine and back musculature... let's just say I know firsthand what a pinball feels like. :)
All the ex navy guys I know are like 5'3" for a reason.

Coming in late to this thread, but my personal outlook is.. there is no one size fits all firearm. Different calibers, different action types, different finishes, different barrel lengths, different purposes.

People own different shoes for this same mentality: dress shoes arent hiking boots, hiking boots arent running shoes, running shoes aren't football cleats

I suppose a person can own one caliber per 3-4 firearm types.. but thats pretty minimal.
Ultimately Im a collector. I dont care about SHTF anymore. I simply buy firearms that I think would be fun or cool to play with/own.

Ultimately Im a collector. I dont care about SHTF anymore. I simply buy firearms that I think would be fun or cool to play with/own.
Well, living on LV-426, I would hope that you have at least one pair of the UA571C Remote Sentry Weapon System that you can count on... ;)

UA571C_RemoteSentryWeaponSystem.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews