JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a thread asking why you like firearms, your response is either incomprehensible, or my knowledge of English is somehow somewhat less than I thought it was.

tac
I'll try my best to clarify my direction and comment.

I grew up in a time that used firearms, mainly to feed the family. My father taught me to hunt, to help provide. I adapted well to the need the more I matured, and became a very proficient sportsman. I bagged many game animals. Then, I joined the Army for a stint of six years. I shot everything from the M16, to the Howitzer during my term, and yes, I very much enjoyed the opportunity to experience the weaponry. After the term with the Army, I devoted another 6 years to the Army Reserve. During the term in the reserves, my father took ill, and eventually succumb to passing on from cancer. At that time my pursuit to hunt was no longer a "need", because I lost the only reason I had to do so. When my father passed on, I inherited the tools that gave him the ability to provide, and what he enjoyed. I have not used them for their purpose since, however, I have taken care of them over the years, in hopes to, one day, pass them on to my kids. With the way things have been going, politically, there's a good chance that my passing them down, will be against the law. What firearms I have, that I do use, they are to protect me and my family from those who wish to cause harm. Given that, I'm basically forced to a physical and mental preparedness for a situation where I may have no other choice but to have to use my preparedness to protect in a time of need. Given the time of need, I will do what needs to be done and accept what becomes of it.

Edited to add, I do enjoy firearms. Just, not necessarily as a fixation of their beauty anymore.

Last Edited:
I like em cause there easy to get along with, non violent, always there when you need them. You can have as many as you like and they wont get jealous. They never talk back. Mine can ride in the car for days and not have to make a bathroom stop. They don't eat or get fat and wont drink all your beer when your gone. Their always ready to go camping or whatever your gonna do. They don't need lots of clothes. A pair of pants can last for years.They only smoke if you tell them but wont bum your stogies from you. Most of them are actually attractive ( not Glocks of course:p ) and easy on the eyes.
All in all I think they make excellent companions.
The only down side to these companions is they drain the pocketbook!
They may not need a bathroom stop, but they sure like to be fed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top