JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm starting to think it will be much simpler for everyone in the UK to be just given a list of "Approved things you are allowed to own".... (cans have sharp edges are deemed dangerous) but, I'm thinkin' Monty Python could still write it;

1- Spam (in a paper bag)
2- teacup
3- Spam (in a plastic cup)
4- washcloth
5- Spam (on a biscuit)
6- Spam (in your hand)

Don't forget Spam, eggs, sausage and Spam, though to be fair, I've heard it's not got much Spam in it. :)

yeah there are so many places that have free things to download. if you are not familiar with CAD programs tinkercad is a great place to get familiar with the very basics. I have several 3d Printers and print drone parts, rc plane parts, model stuff for dioramas, reloading trays etc.

they are quite fun to have around

Printed a 10/22 just for kicks last night.

yeah there are so many places that have free things to download. if you are not familiar with CAD programs tinkercad is a great place to get familiar with the very basics. I have several 3d Printers and print drone parts, rc plane parts, model stuff for dioramas, reloading trays etc.

they are quite fun to have around

Do you guys know of any services that would print a submit CAD? (I'm hoping you may have looked into this before jumping into the 3D print pool).

I've got a .22LR bullet holder that I want to mount into the first mlok slot on a chassis and to extend a few inches back toward the chamber...should make single shot reloading easier.

I have been looking at getting one, but I hate to spend the money and have it just sit. Already have too many project/toys that just take up room. Also, CAD intimidates me, but creating my own stuff seems like the real win for a 3D printer. I'll have to just dive in one of these days.

Hueco, there are folks that print things for others, sadly (for me) they seem mythical and no luck with local ones over the last 6 or so years. BUT. If a design is on Thingiverse etc., there are folks on there now who will print that design for you, they specify costs up front (script on the site) for your desired material / color.

You can upload just STL files to Thingiverse, don't have to upload the design's original files.

If you don't have a design already that doesn't sound like a tough part to design?

I have been looking at getting one, but I hate to spend the money and have it just sit. Already have too many project/toys that just take up room. Also, CAD intimidates me, but creating my own stuff seems like the real win for a 3D printer. I'll have to just dive in one of these days.
Download FreeCAD and give it a whirl before you decide if you want to spend actual $

i was initially in the same boat as many of you. I knew nothing about 3d printing and CAD but i knew i wanted to try it. I started out with a tevo tornado 3d printer and used thingiverse for things to print to learn the ins and outs. i was not familiar with anything CAD, until i heard about tinkercad. They use it in grade school to teach kids, so i thought i can at least learn the basics:s0114:. its a free download and it has a step by step tutorial.

From tinkercad, i moved to different more in depth cad programs and right now i am messing with Blender.

as for printers, find something that has good reviews and is low cost. that way its not too much of an investment if you don't like it. I wanted a bigger print space which is why i went with the TEVO initially. i now have a CR-10 (ok the son "borrowed" this one), CR-10S5 plus the tevo. i am looking at the Rat Rig V-core 3 right now.

The one thing to take into consideration is prints take time.

ETA: my kid is printing a 1:1 scale MG-42 right now. (ETA: its a non firing model just to hang on the wall)

Last Edited:
I would stand and cheer as one of these plastic guns disintegrated in the face of the dude trying to shoot it in the course of committing a crime, and converted his upper body into a few pounds of ground, er, person.

I guess it's no use pointing out to the good folks on this thread that to make any kind of a firearm in UK without authorisation/licensing is illegal?

Just like owning it is illegal, and using it is illegal? Hurting people is illegal, and even threatening them with it is illegal.

Who was it that wrote that the most dangerous invention in history was the printing press?

Same goes for the 3D printer, methinks.

Print a new jawbone for somebody who has lost it from bone cancer, or print a plastic gun to use for criminal purposes - it's the same machine.

And remember, that is, if you ever knew in the fust place, that the vast majority of illegal sub-machined guns used by Protestant terrorists in Northern Ireland were made in small shops with everyday tools and basic materials.

Last Edited:
I would stand and cheer as one of these plastic guns disintegrated in the face of the dude trying to shoot it, and converted his upper body into a few pounds of ground, er, person.
They don't really do that, the fully printed designs can explode but those are designed to fail safe generally. Even the crappy liberator bursts the barrel without harming the shooter.

And remember, that is, if you ever knew in the fust place, that the vast majority of illegal sub-machined guns used by Protestant terrorists in Northern Ireland were made in small shops with everyday tools and basic materials.
I may never have thought about that. But the same thing is true in small "shops" around a fire, in a desert, or a jungle.
And, others from the Empire, down under are facing the same issue -- after making guns illegal, the criminals make their own.

And then there is this, converting:

I may never have thought about that. But the same thing is true in small "shops" around a fire, in a desert, or a jungle.
And, others from the Empire, down under are facing the same issue -- after making guns illegal, the criminals make their own.

And then there is this, converting:
'Empire'? Do you mean Australia, part of the Commonwealth? They are totally independent of the United Kingdom in both governance and government - their politicians do with them as they please, as is the wont of politicians everywhere.

Here in UK a number of formerly Section 58 [Obsolete calibre] firearms have now been made into Section 5 [prohibited firearms] after a number of them were imported from the USA and a criminal made ammunition for them to use in their activities, including murder.

They include such obsolete calibres as the .44 Russian, since a number of Smith & Wesson .44 Russian calibre revolvers have been recovered by police investigating criminal activity.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top