JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry young man, it's a generational thing.
I'm finally the old man I used to despise. In other words, I've lived long enough to become the villain.
Wanna see another impulse buy I couldn't enjoy? I think you might like it since you're an old man.

1987 BJ70 Land cruiser.. lost way too much money on that.

IMG_20180616_155322_804.jpg

To those that say why not, that's the problem with this country. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Fat chicks can squeeze into yoga pants and midriff showing tank tops, still not right.

To those that say why not, that's the problem with this country. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Fat chicks can squeeze into yoga pants and midriff showing tank tops, still not right.
There's a reason that marriages often don't last when you marry young. As you grow/evolve as a person, the things you are drawn to in people change as well. I think the same can be said for gun ownership as well.
At first, I never really wanted an AR or AK. But after the Sandy Hook shooting, I felt like I might not get the opportunity in the future, so I bought half a dozen receivers or so.
My first AR, I wanted an 18" heavy barrel beast of a weapon that could do everything. It's a nice shooting AR that I've yet to have any malfunction with, but I never shoot it anymore. I've got to shoot a few different varieties and am partial to pistol length setups now. Only difference is that I typically don't sell firearms. But my preferences have changed through experience.
Sometimes, there's a financial cost associated with gaining wisdom. Sometimes the cost is more severe like blood, divorce, etc. If I could gain all of the wisdom in life through money, that's the route I'd go every time.

I'll share how I got baptized into the build (adult Legos) game. My first AR was a .22LR set up. I played with it for a while changing out stocks, grips, accessories etc. I was reading on-line back between 2009 (even to present) that build parties are actually a thing. I never went to one but I was a bit intrigued. I decided to set out on my own and purchased a new factory complete Gen 2 Noveske Afghan. At the time I really wasn't hung up with the pinned 3 prong. On the heels of that purchase, along came the marketing influence to show me the light of suppressed shooting at which point I went full build buggy. Even though I've sold a majority of them I never had any delusions of grandeur or felt that I would profit from any of this. I'd call it build therapy, some call it a hobby. Not really the best comparison, but I don't think women make quilts or knit to get rich either. Let me add, it also helped me get through the covid shut downs. With the loss of gun shows I still got to get out and meet some cool members from this forum and expand my list of new FFL (first time) shop visits. Those transaction all went great btw.

Last Edited:
You asking a question or flinging mud?
It doesn't matter. On discussion forums, you take the bad with the good.

I have known guys that sunk a whole bunch of loot into classic cars, just to peddle them without even driving the dang things. what's the point?>
This precisely. Oft-seen phenomenon with hot rods. Hobbies or pass-times do not have to make sense.

I can not afford a high end AR's/Ak's, etc. However I do appreciate quality. I can build a high quality

firearm over a period of time, like the Johnny Cash cash song says. And I end up with something

my mind and my hands put together, adding value to me only. I put the pride value to it to suit

myself. I don't especially care what others think.

I can not afford a high end AR's/Ak's, etc. However I do appreciate quality. I can build a high quality

firearm over a period of time, like the Johnny Cash cash song says. And I end up with something

my mind and my hands put together, adding value to me only. I put the pride value to it to suit

myself. I don't especially care what others think.
This. End of story.

Over the past number of years, we have seen plenty of lives exterminated with budget ARs. I have no doubt one can have a very effective killing machine for a very modest amount of money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top