JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over the past number of years, we have seen plenty of lives exterminated with budget ARs. I have no doubt one can have a very effective killing machine for a very modest amount of money.
I practice my draw and reloads from concealed, and it is very quick. It really doesn't take a big magazine to be a killing machine. It takes an evil heart.

Last Edited:
Top 0.1% of Earners$3,212,486
Top 1% of Earners$823,763
Top 5% of Earners$342,987
Top 10% of Earners$173,176

The dollars go up pretty quick above the 10% income mark.

Over the past number of years, we have seen plenty of lives exterminated with budget ARs. I have no doubt one can have a very effective killing machine for a very modest amount of money.
There have also been several the have choked giving someone the opportunity the end the fight. Also in my book, it not a question whether an AR is a "very effective killing machine" but rather if it can maintain that status thru hard use, as in several thousands of rounds and keep on reliably hammering.

There have also been several the have choked giving someone the opportunity the end the fight. Also in my book, it not a question whether an AR is a "very effective killing machine" but rather if it can maintain that status thru hard use, as in several thousands of rounds and keep on reliably hammering.
I think a lot of those were magazine problems, for example, I think the Batman shooter had a 100 round drum.

I can not afford a high end AR's/Ak's, etc. However I do appreciate quality. I can build a high quality

firearm over a period of time, like the Johnny Cash cash song says. And I end up with something

my mind and my hands put together, adding value to me only. I put the pride value to it to suit

myself. I don't especially care what others think.
Why not have both?

The nice thing about ARs is one does not have pluck down 2000 grand in one flop to a get a $2000 or more rifle. Save and buy an excellent barrel, next paycheck BCG...not that much to spare this paycheck, buy a LPK, stock or grip, continue on until have all the goods and put it or have it put together. Wallet is a little fatter and don't want to spread it out over the year, get it done in three parts...complete lower, upper receiver assembly and BCG. The problem is most people these days have zero patience and if it isn't instant gratification they don't want to deal with it.

The thing that really blows me away are the guys that say they don't have the money to by a quality firearm yet have 15 or 20 POS, I'll rather 2 solid ones. As yes, regardless of what the "just as good as" crowd say there is a difference, a major difference.

I am guessing some of the shooters murderers weren't expecting to be around long enough to put thousands of rounds through them. I suspect many AR owners won't put a 1000 rounds through their rifle in a lifetime.

Last Edited:
I am guessing some of the shooters weren't expecting to be around long enough to put thousands of rounds through them. I suspect many AR owners won't put a 1000 rounds through their rifle in a lifetime.
Then they are not shooters, they just pretend to be on the internet. There is this thing called training and 1000 rounds may or may not make it thru the weekend.

Why not have both?

The nice thing about ARs is one does not have pluck down 2000 grand in one flop to a get a $2000 or more rifle. Save and buy an excellent barrel, next paycheck BCG...not that much to spare this paycheck, buy a LPK, stock or grip, continue on until have all the goods and put it or have it put together. Wallet is a little fatter and don't want to spread it out over the year, get it done in three parts...complete lower, upper receiver assembly and BCG. The problem is most people these days have zero patience and if it isn't instant gratification they don't want to deal with it.

The thing that really blows me away are the guys that say they don't have the money to by a quality firearm yet have 15 or 20 POS, I'll rather 2 solid ones. As yes, regardless of what the "just as good as" crowd say there is a difference, a major difference.
It's like shoes for some people. A person could buy 20 pairs of regular shoes or two pairs of high end shoes. Some people like variety but don't have the money for 20 pairs of high end shoes. I fit that category. I would get bored quickly with only two rifles no matter how high end they were. Personally I'd rather have 20 pos. I also think you will lose less money when bailing out of a pos compared to a Gucci rifle.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top