JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A gun check locker room would be nice so people are not forced to leave a firearm unattended in a vehicle or go unarmed between home and court.
WA law requires a locked compartment OR they have to have an office take custody of it while conducting business. You can bet they run the numbers before you get it back too! They are also responsible for any damage to the weapon while in their custody.

• Why do you carry a handgun?
It is the most effective means of self defense, should the unthinkable happen.

• Have you personally ever been threatened with violence?
I was in Petaluma, CA during the Rodney King riots. A friend of mine and I were driving through the parking lot of a local strip mall. A car pulled out right in front of us, almost hitting my friend's car. He made the mistake of saying something, and the whole bunch in the car, about five or so, got out and started yelling and throwing things. One of them suckerpunched my friend through the drive-side window; we managed to back up and get out but it was close for a second or two. I also had the fun experience of having a neighbor's house ventilated in a drive-by about two days after I moved out. (They were fortunately not home at the time.)

• Are you the victim of a violent attack?
Not since my elementary school days.

• Do you carry simply because it makes you feel macho?
Not even worth the effort to answer.

• Do you doubt the ability of police to protect you from crime?
Even the police doubt their ability to protect me from crime, so yes.

• If you carry openly, do you use a simple belt holster or wear your pistol in a tactical thigh rig?
I don't carry openly.

• Do you make it a point to show people you carry a firearm, or do you feel it is none of their business if you are armed?
If they find out they find out, but I don't make a point of letting everyone know.

• Do you believe there should be no restrictions, few restrictions (i.e. jails, mental facilities, courtrooms, public buildings, public schools and/or hospitals) or widespread restrictions (including sports stadiums, taverns and cocktail lounges, restaurants, public parks) on where you can legally carry?
Certain places(prisons and the like) should be off-limits; however, those places should be required to have facilities for safe storage of firearms. These places are very few and very far between.

On the philosophical side: how much is a human life worth? I tend towards the "life is priceless" mode of thought. Think on this: what are we telling the policeman, the soldier, that puts his life on the line if we are not willing to take responsibility for our own protection? Those people make maybe $30-50,000 per year. If we are willing to say, " You get X dollars for doing your job, but we're not willing to take that responsibility if you're unable," it seems to me we've just put a price on a human life.

1. I carry because it's my duty to protect my family and myself.
2. I carry because it's my duty as an American to be armed.
3. Because I can!
4. I own my own business and never know what part of town I'm going to end up in.
5. The police cannot protect me.
6. I care about my rights as an American.

WA law requires a locked compartment OR they have to have an office take custody of it while conducting business. You can bet they run the numbers before you get it back too! They are also responsible for any damage to the weapon while in their custody.

You really think those $9.87 an hour mooks are checking the numbers on the guns?
They have no way of knowing when you will be back.No way they are checking the serial numbers

Best post in this thread!!! An outstanding read.

Thank you and I will tell the guy who gave it to me thank you.Made a ton of sence,as I have been preaching the part about the convicts picking out the "victims" for a long time.
BTW the guy who gave me the link,told me he chose to be a wolf.
I gotta take him down now.lol

My thoughts on this;

I carry because I REFUSE to be a victim or to allow harm to come to my family and loved ones. I have not been the victim of a violent attack. They happen every day and I'm not taking that chance. There have been two times that I thought a violent attack was coming my way. Fortunately that did not happen. I was armed those times, but did not need to draw.
Carrying a gun does not make me feel macho. I feel a great responsibility on my shoulders when I am carrying, and pray that I never actually need to use it. I do not share that I am carrying.
I very rarely open carry. When I do it is because I am pretty much going out of any urban area and then I use a simple belt holster.
I believe that the police will not be there, or be able to be there in time if things suddenly go bad.
I also believe that there are very few places where I should not be able to take my firearm. When I have to relinquish my handgun, I want to know for certain that everyone else that enters would be disarmed, too. I can easily accept this for prisons, the courthouses and mental institutions and that's about it.

You really think those $9.87 an hour mooks are checking the numbers on the guns?
They have no way of knowing when you will be back.No way they are checking the serial numbers
It's a sheriffs deputy that comes and takes it back to their office (I know they make far more than $9.87/hr), and you can bet they run the numbers.

i carry for the same reasons that i have insurance and locks on my doors,although i will probably never have a fire and probably never be broken into there is that chance . It is ultimately my responsibility to take care of my family and not the goverments

How legal am I when I carry a hand gun under my coat too and from fishing with out a carry permit

100% Legal (assuming you are otherwise legal to own the firearm)

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:

(a) Carries any firearm concealed upon the person;

166.260 Persons not affected by ORS 166.250. (1) ORS 166.250 does not apply to or affect:

(b) Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top