JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anything made in the Williamsburg armory... just because they are soooo good.

All+handmade+rifle+overall4web.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ etc.

tac

I have an old Sako Forester in .308. It was well used when I bought it, stock needed bedding, big blob of rust on the side of the barrel, but I bought it anyway (it was a good deal at least) and I am glad I did. It is just such a classic gun! I first put a Leupold compact 4x scope on it but I like it even better with the iron sights on it. I had the original Sako irons but somehow in a move I lost the rear :(:(:(. The good news is that Ashley makes (made?) a replacement that works even better than the Sako sight so I'm happy again. With irons the gun is so light and trim you just can't put it down. :)

It looks like this one except the Forester is a short action:
600px-Sako_Rifle_25-06.jpg

Well it depends on where I'm at or what I happen to be reading or if I want to have a chance at winning the match ... LOL
Some I do not shoot , but yeah it can be tough to choose.
I know , I know poor old me ... LOL
Really and truly if any of y'all are my way or see me and my friend and our museum , please feel free to stop by and chew the fat and shoot a original rifle.
Andy

I have always loved a nice blued and wood rifle but I do not really own any for the most part. I have 3 guns with wood stocks one is a Remington model 30 NRA 22, a Stevens 755a 12ga and a Thompson 50 cal black power everything else is ARs, AKs and FALs.

I have always been a fan of the modern sporting rifle my first was a SP1 Colt I pick up in 1980 and have been hooked ever since. I even starting building them in the 80s and 90 before most folks really knew what they where and very few companies made parts that where available. Those were the days when a flat top AR was one that the carry handle was cut off and a rail was pinned on the remaining stubs.

I did not get into the AKs until the mid 2010 mainly just for a change of pace and after doing some testing I likes the way it worked. I even went as far as to sell my stash of ARs and parts and went all AK for a number of years. Then last May I got the AR bug again and well let's say I went nuts.

I have always been a fan of the FAL rifles and in the 80s I had 2 true FN FALs but times got tight and I sold them just before the unspeakable happened and the Assault weapons ban came into play as well as the ban on importation of the rifles. It drove up the price to a point I could not afford another one until DSA started to produce them in the US so I now have two DSA FALs and they will never get sold.

So I have no real reason why I like modern sporting rifle I just do and always have.

Well it depends on where I'm at or what I happen to be reading or if I want to have a chance at winning the match ... LOL
Some I do not shoot , but yeah it can be tough to choose.
I know , I know poor old me ... LOL
Really and truly if any of y'all are my way or see me and my friend and our museum , please feel free to stop by and chew the fat and shoot a original rifle.
Andy

Where you at sir? I'd enjoy that.

salmonriverjohn,
I live in Everson Washington , just down from the border , or if coming up from Oregon , 2 hours north of Seattle.
My friend Dave and I travel to various rendezvous with our collection during our summer break.
We also hit some local events.
We have a web site : ruxtonmuseum.org where we post where we are going to be and various muzzleloading ramblings.
When we are going to a event I'll post here as well.

Tac,
That is a shame. Peter Gonter was a master.
He built some fine Long rifles.
We have what we believe to be a Abraham Schweitzer Long Rifle. The signature is faint in the middle.
So far in our "show and tells" we have only lost a few odds and ends: a gun worm ( which was new made ) a gun flint some round balls .
I don't think these were stolen , just lost in the shuffle as they say.
We do keep a good eye out , but just the same , theft is something to worry about , sad to say.
Andy

Well, for sure my Gonter rifle was the only one in the UK, and this was a show and tell at a USAF/RAF base, so it has no doubt been taken home. I'd not even shot it, due to the rather odd laws we have here in yUK.....

Would have been nice, though, eh?

tac

tac,
Shooting a original , if practical can be fun and enlightening.
Seeing and holding a original is always worthwhile.
Just to be able to see how someone "back in the day" worked or solved a gun building problem etc..
That is just one reason why Dave and I "show and tell" our collection.

Again its a damn shame that someone felt the need to steal your rifle.
The fact that is was the only example in the UK and now no one can see or study it , is a loss in and of its self.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top