JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anybody have a link to a story or stories where police with armored vehicles Saved" anyone? I just think it's over kill that so many departments have these. Next question, if a cop or several cops are told by their superior to go arrest Joe blow. Odds are they will go arrest him and all anyone in the chain of command needs to say is...he's a domestic terror threat, or he didn't sign up for the ACA.... Or he through himself in front of my tank trying to evade arrest.

Brutus out

Taku, thanks, for reminder... My head is three feet thick, STILL. ear drums feel like bursting any moment... But I' survive!!!!

However, you further the point I tried to make, We do not keep Law Enforcement deaths in mind within these posts.... I have an online friend, was Chief of Police, after working his way up.... After Viet Nam time.... He retired, and immediately went into politics, ran for town council, won hands down. Later, at a Town Council meeting, the new "Chief of Police" asked for some new equipment, all the Yes Men were ready to increase that funding, Until my friend said, "Why" as in why do you need that??? "I ran that department, without X, Y, Z and did OK...." All the Yes men.... Said err ummm and said No, I guess you do not need that....

I wonder, how many of the cop bashers here... Have Ever stopped at a Wreck, in the dead of night,to provide aid, like a seat belt cutter, or provide Flash Light lane changes, and signal FIRE where the accident IS...

Then stayed after the LEO showed up, to give First Person Witness of the accident????

You see, Powderman mentioned he is a citizen as well as we are... But he does that for a
Living... But I for one, will not drive by, as a Citizen... For I feel, it is my duty As A Citizen, to help...

That is how I was brought up, in the 50's~60's Cub Scouting, Boy Scouts, etc ....

Philip,

Gotta lay down, my brain is about to explode..... I wish it would get done with it!!!!

:D

Does anybody have a link to a story or stories where police with armored vehicles Saved"
Brutus out

Brutus, look at this with logical thinking....

Good News does not sell. Bad News does.

However, even as I write that, I am reminded of the man who Stole a tank, in California, ran for hours.... Drove over cars, wiped out buses... How did that end?????

We often remind each other that MSM views all gun owners as nuts... And right wing wacko's, and then ask for news that counters that style reporting, For the Final View, of:

"I guess there are none, so our premiss (in this segue, Law Enforcement Officers are bad, if they have certain equipment) is correct" That thinking simply leaves out major portions of the Equation.

philip

I am not saying all cops are bad. I am just saying they follow a chain of command or a dispatcher and training... They have become heavily armed..... And against whom? Really give me a good reason as to why a rural police department needs an MRAV? Soon they will justify attack helicopters....
We will all be fine as long as they act with restraint and use good judgement.

Brutus out

I wonder, how many of the cop bashers here... Have Ever stopped at a Wreck, in the dead of night,to provide aid, like a seat belt cutter, or provide Flash Light lane changes, and signal FIRE where the accident IS...

Then stayed after the LEO showed up, to give First Person Witness of the accident????

I have, more than a few times.
Hit and run in poring rain, a man who was having a mild heart attack, an elderly lady who spun out of control and slammed into a ditch. Ive also been a witness to a stabbing, and what they called "an attempted murder with a deadly weapon" knife to throat after he fought off two assailants.

In all events, I was thanked by the folks I helped and stuck around for accident-wise. The other "witness" obligations I was treated line bubblegum both by leos as well as the DA. Being a witness is a bubbleguming scam and they'll bend you over every chance they get. They'll make you lose a weeks pay over the course of the "trial" and reimburse less than 1/4 if even that.

So yes, I have stuck around. Yes Ive helped when duty called and Ive also had the prime opportunity of working with leos and the DA..
Im not biased due to my family, if anything I looked up to them until I started thinking for myself and about my civil liberties.

They act as if their the only ones worthy enough to tote around a firearm.. As if they've got some inherent ordained ability to wield a firearm and produce incredible marksmanship and proficiency with their said firearm..more so than a lowly civilian that trains twice as much as they do if not more on a multitude of platforms.

The media and politicians DO in-fact place them on a pedestal and they dont mind in the slightest. They're human just as the rest if us. No better or worse.. However.. If I do half the things they do on a regular basis Id get put away for life. I also dont have a giant union to pay for my "accidental actions" like they do either.

Honestly 1/4 are only the true bad leos, the ones we generally hear about.. As with every profession. And the rest are all probably straight shooters, great guys, family men/women.. However don't try and tell me they make life any easier. Please don't sit there and type out the fact that just because they've got a badge they're some how an innocent infallible incarnate of dudley-do-right. That they're really here to "serve" me in anyway.. Last I checked they parasitically feed off the passerby's in our community and their own residence by peddling phony and absurd "traffic violations".. Laws and ordinances they know to be in the grey area yet their "higher calling" mandates that they ticket poor folks who may have made an honest mistake for a split second and somehow extorting them for a quarter or sometimes half a paycheck that they were going to use to feed their family with the threat of imprisonment is an honorable thing to do.

No thanks sir.

I stopped on the middle of I 5 once to help a soldier that went over the bars of his motorcycle from the over pass. Had enough for sight to hit my brakes so the lady next to me noticed and she hit hers or she would have speed bumped him. I stayed, talked with the Leo's. I tout when I first saw his body coming over the guard rail some kids had tossed a dummy off as a joke. He came in to my store a couple of months later to thank me. Hegot off lucky, minor concussion broken wrist & ankle. Just doing my civic duty and have done it before, it's no big deal.

Cops coming to get me??? I haven' t down anything wrong.

I am not saying all cops are bad. I am just saying they follow a chain of command or a dispatcher and training... They have become heavily armed..... And against whom? Really give me a good reason as to why a rural police department needs an MRAV? Soon they will justify attack helicopters....
We will all be fine as long as they act with restraint and use good judgement.

Brutus out

Another thought on that.
They just might utilize those on our behalf if a true 1776 event were to happen ? I do believe most LE would stand beside the citizens in that scenario, except in places like DC, NY, CHICAGO, DETROIT, ETC;

I have seen both good and bad in LE, BUT I tend to commend good ones. Its pretty much like society as a whole. I am not fond of many people until they earn it.

What the heck else are you gonna buy to rack up the national debt by ten trillion in five or so years? I'm surprised they aren't solid gold all pimpin style. but make sure to lock the vets out of their graveyards.. yea

To each his own but I do not believe that police forces should be militarized for the sake of protecting citizens (subjects).

We definitely agree on that one.
They are there to enforce laws.
We are here to protect ourselves.
Not only the fact they cannot protect everyone, they even admit it is not their job. We are many, they are few. We are the ones that need to well armed !

They sure toute it when they are wanting funding for said equipment... Typical gubberment 2 step...
I was never dependent on cops being there for me either, I will survive without them.

Realistically they can't. There are not enough and never will be.
Determination to never be a victim, and you are well on your way.
The current administration is the only real threat we face in this age.

It's a two edged sword. People want cops to be fully armed and ready to defend them, but don't want them armed to the point of being a terror to the people.

If we accept that the anti-gun types are right, and there are bad guys out there with full auto firearms, it makes sense for the cops to be so armed. If the bad guys are running fully up-armored vehicles, anti-tank missiles and all the weapons of war, yes, by all means, arm the cops to deal with that threat.

Absent the weapons of war, however, I would say giving cops heavily armored vehicles is overkill... Hopefully not real overkill, but we never know.

It's a two edged sword. People want cops to be fully armed and ready to defend them, but don't want them armed to the point of being a terror to the people.

If we accept that the anti-gun types are right, and there are bad guys out there with full auto firearms, it makes sense for the cops to be so armed. If the bad guys are running fully up-armored vehicles, anti-tank missiles and all the weapons of war, yes, by all means, arm the cops to deal with that threat.

Absent the weapons of war, however, I would say giving cops heavily armored vehicles is overkill... Hopefully not real overkill, but we never know.

Correct, but In reality I don't give the anti gun types credit for anything except ignorance and or ill will.
All are either ignorant, or they are controllers. The first may become educated, the latter may become eliminated. Time will tell, but that is in short supply.

If our "dear beloved leaders" accepted and followed the Constitution as they're sworn to do, we wouldn't need cops with tanks because we could rightfully defend ourselves as required.

If our "dear beloved leaders" accepted and followed the Constitution as they're sworn to do, we wouldn't need cops with tanks because we could rightfully defend ourselves as required.

:) We still can and will.
America will stand strong regardless of him and his czars.
He is a tiny man with a big ego and is on the wrong side of right.
He has devoured himself. The country will regurgitate them soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top