JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last sentence seems to says it all;

The answer is a police state -- and certain segments of our society are already living in one.

I would suggest if a person wants to know the answer that can:

get to know their local PD, there are ride a longs, there are volunteer programs. Same goes for the Sheriff department, but they also has Search and Rescue, some have water rescue and Mountain Rescue. There are also FEMA programs, like CERT a person can be involved in.

Or:

Get elected and you can oversight of a PD or other agencies.

Then figuring out if the last statement of the article is right or wrong would be a easy process based on real fact.

Since when does a populace of supposed brave people take billions of anti-depressants (1/2 of the population)? Cowering in fear over BS. Oh, there are real things to fear alright. Just not the crap being spewed forth on the banker boob tube every night. Number One? 20 Not So Good Categories That The United States Leads The World In

Off topic, but I looked at that top 20 list, and I fail to see how #15 is a bad thing, if anything it should be a point of pride.

Every single other item on that list is a government created problem. Naturally the only good item #15 is made possible by a *lack* of government.

Yeah, lol. The point is that it will be a economic collapse that will be the catalyst for the dive into the abyss. The crash may be orchestrated to coincide with some incident of course. "When people have nothing, and they have nothing to lose, they lose it" - Gerald Celente.

Like I said, enjoy the here and now, live everyday to the fullest. Good Times!

These are NOT tanks, at least not from the view point of a former tanker. They are heavily armored vehicles, but are not tanks. Even the CEV that was used at Waco by the FBI was not a tank, but a combat engineer vehicle. I do realize the press has no clue about what a tank really is, but hey, they think an SKS is an assault rifle....

Why do the police need.........armored vehichles? To make entry into "hardened sites" when serving warrants to arrest criminals or search for criminal evidence detected from undercover investigations. Myself, I AM GLAD that the police have these and I say, "MORE POWER TO THEM!" These are NOT TANKS as they do not have cannons and few have tracks. These are heavily armored wheeled combat vehicles, some with long battering rams, used to carry the tactical teams past the barriers and snipers.

Does nobody here remember armored motorcycle gang "clubhouses" full of drugs and stolen weapons, that needed to be raided with armored cars to pull the bars off the windows and ram down the bulletproof doors---even here in Portland? Some of these biker gangs have used car bombs and in Europe have used RPGs on civilians! Nobody remembers the LA gangster drug houses reinforced with steel plate and surrounded with high iron fences and pitbulls that needed an armored half-track to bust in the steel doors? LA is full of gang member SNIPERS that keep police out of their territory without an armored vehicle. There are whole neighborhoods where the police dare not go and the residents live in terror and slavery, where the gangs rule.

WAKE UP! The drug gangs are taking over America just as they have done in Mexico, with military weapons, and the police need to use military tactics---and vehicles---to get a handle on the problem. I salute the courage of the swat teams who willingly go into that danger, and I fully support their use of armored vehicles in the defense of their community---us!

WAKE UP! The drug gangs are taking over America just as they have done in Mexico, with military weapons, and the police need to use military tactics---and vehicles---to get a handle on the problem. I salute the courage of the swat teams who willingly go into that danger, and I fully support their use of armored vehicles in the defense of their community---us!

List of problems facing this country:

1. The federal government
999. Drug gangs that would disappear as soon as the federal government ends its destructive drug war

Courage eh? It takes no courage to no-knock raid an unarmed homeowner in the dead of night and shoot his pets and terrorize his children. SWAT cops with real moral courage would to quit their useless, unconstitutional, tax-eating "jobs" (workfare disgused as a career).

Why do the police need.........armored vehichles? To make entry into "hardened sites" when serving warrants to arrest criminals or search for criminal evidence detected from undercover investigations. Myself, I AM GLAD that the police have these and I say, "MORE POWER TO THEM!" These are NOT TANKS as they do not have cannons and few have tracks. These are heavily armored wheeled combat vehicles, some with long battering rams, used to carry the tactical teams past the barriers and snipers.

Does nobody here remember armored motorcycle gang "clubhouses" full of drugs and stolen weapons, that needed to be raided with armored cars to pull the bars off the windows and ram down the bulletproof doors---even here in Portland? Some of these biker gangs have used car bombs and in Europe have used RPGs on civilians! Nobody remembers the LA gangster drug houses reinforced with steel plate and surrounded with high iron fences and pitbulls that needed an armored half-track to bust in the steel doors? LA is full of gang member SNIPERS that keep police out of their territory without an armored vehicle. There are whole neighborhoods where the police dare not go and the residents live in terror and slavery, where the gangs rule.

trollingorstupid.jpg

and I say, "MORE POWER TO THEM!"

Giving more and more power to police and taking it away from the citizens in their own hood.... Hows that been working out for you for the past 30 years?

Funny how around 85th and aurora in seattle used to be a big hooker and drug dealer hangout, had been for years everyone local knew it. Police knew it, didnt, or couldnt do much to stop it. Then a bunch of developers move in build some townhomes and sell em for 300k a pop. Well the people who just bought a 300k townhome didnt much care for the hookers and dealers so they start calling the police ALL THE TIME... And what do you know... the dealers and hookers get sick of it and leave.... The police didnt solve the problem, the residents of the area did.

Oh, sure. Just legalize drugs and the gangsters will stand down and go get jobs and become good citizens. Legalize drugs and all of the meth heads will just stay home and stay high...........and only rape and torture their own kids and nobody elses. And all of the tweaking motorcycle gangs will just become riding clubs again and bother nobody, uh-huh. All of the crackheads will become so docile when they are literally burning out their brains with unlimited supply, and their families won't care. And all of the children of the catatonic potheads will grow up strong and healthy after surviving repeated food poisonings from their own filthy homes. Whoopie. Anybody who advocates for drug legalization is either an addict or has never known any to any degree. Sure, a few sound individuals can use a little pot or coke recreationally without obvious problem. For a while. Until they can't. And then they become a burden on their families and on society, an expensive burden which eventually becomes a social worker problem and then a police problem.

Why do the police need armor, and hard-core courage? Because lousy criminals KILL THEM. I can't remember the figure but about three hundred police officers are killed in the line of duty every year---not counting the hundreds of suicides from stress and its attendant alcoholism.

I should move? I have moved, and I guard my current luxury of a peaceful neighborhood very jealously! Yet I can never forget my past homes in terrorized neighborhoods, the people living in aching fear of the random violence and cruelty of the gangsters: working folks afraid to ride the bus, old folks who dare not go out, and children that cannot even play in their own front yards---and worst of all the anxiety that their own children will be sucked into the violent "glamour" of the gangster livestyle. All you proud anti-cop "patriots" have never lived with the casual violence of gangsters hurting strangers randomly just for fun, getting high on the money from the purse they just snatched from an old lady, and after dark they will drive around and shoot into houses. It's tempting to say that I hope that you get to know that personally, but that would mean that the Northwest will go even more downhill, and I'd hate to see it. So, why don't YOU guys move to where the cops can't go without armored vehicles and see how your views on cops stand up?.......................elsullo

Oh, sure. Just legalize drugs and the gangsters will stand down and go get jobs and become good citizens. Legalize drugs and all of the meth heads will just stay home and stay high...........and only rape and torture their own kids and nobody elses. And all of the tweaking motorcycle gangs will just become riding clubs again and bother nobody, uh-huh. All of the crackheads will become so docile when they are literally burning out their brains with unlimited supply, and their families won't care. And all of the children of the catatonic potheads will grow up strong and healthy after surviving repeated food poisonings from their own filthy homes. Whoopie. Anybody who advocates for drug legalization is either an addict or has never known any to any degree. Sure, a few sound individuals can use a little pot or coke recreationally without obvious problem. For a while. Until they can't. And then they become a burden on their families and on society, an expensive burden which eventually becomes a social worker problem and then a police problem.

Why do the police need armor, and hard-core courage? Because lousy criminals KILL THEM. I can't remember the figure but about three hundred police officers are killed in the line of duty every year---not counting the hundreds of suicides from stress and its attendant alcoholism.

I should move? I have moved, and I guard my current luxury of a peaceful neighborhood very jealously! Yet I can never forget my past homes in terrorized neighborhoods, the people living in aching fear of the random violence and cruelty of the gangsters: working folks afraid to ride the bus, old folks who dare not go out, and children that cannot even play in their own front yards---and worst of all the anxiety that their own children will be sucked into the violent "glamour" of the gangster livestyle. All you proud anti-cop "patriots" have never lived with the casual violence of gangsters hurting strangers randomly just for fun, getting high on the money from the purse they just snatched from an old lady, and after dark they will drive around and shoot into houses. It's tempting to say that I hope that you get to know that personally, but that would mean that the Northwest will go even more downhill, and I'd hate to see it. So, why don't YOU guys move to where the cops can't go without armored vehicles and see how your views on cops stand up?.......................elsullo

==============================================================

Kinda hard to figure what all you are trying to say here specifically, but I can certainly tell you are pro cop and anti drugs, a laudable position.

FBI says 50 Cops a year.

But examination of the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Report, a database that tracks the number of law enforcement officers killed and assaulted each year, reveals that this is simply not true. According to the UCR, since 2000 an average yearly toll of about 50 police officers have been feloniously killed, the highest reaching 70 in 2001. So the notion that militarization is a necessary reaction to a growth in violence against police officers is absurd, considering that violent crime is trending downward.
Why Do the Police Have Tanks? The Strange and Dangerous Militarization of the US Police Force | | AlterNet

I disagree with the need for the LEOs to have armored vehicles and SWAT teams, Do not like.

Elsullo - I am not a cop hater - just not the huge fan you seem to be. They are fallible people like the rest of us, and I can't stand the fact that almost without exception, they are given a free pass for even the most eggregious acts. Granted, they sometimes have very bad people to deal with, but some of the things I see are absolutely inexcusable. There are many fine law enforcement officers serving us throughout the country, and some american sherriffs I am damn proud of right there in your fine state. You are able to quote how many cops are killed annually, but you can't quote how many die by cop annually (not sayin that some of these deaths weren't absolutely justifiable - some bubblegums just need killin). The reason you can't do that is because the statistics they are required to keep by law are not publicly available. Not having the numbers myself, I can't say for sure, but based on anecdotal evidence, I'm of the opinion that far more citizens die by cop than the other way round. Tasers (cattle prods) are lethal weapons and many die that way, stomped, shot or medical treatment withheld - dead is dead, and I prefer not to expose myself to some thick-necked bullet-head who demands that I respect his authority. Calling 911 is not on my agenda.

As for bikers - there are not many tweakers in our ranks - if possible, we dislike them more than you do. If you are caught using hard drugs, we try to help you, if you refuse help you're down the road kickin rocks. We trust each other implicitly, and you can never trust a tweaker.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top