JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guy was already out of his car and heading home when the spandex mafia decided to escalate the situation. I do think the old guy should have handled it better. A firearm should not be visible until there is a need and a willingness to use it....But, every time I arrive home and exit my car, there is a firearm coming with me. If someone wants to have a dick swinging contest over a non injury rage incident, follows me to my home where my family also resides and it becomes necessary to use a firearm, they won't be leaving away on the same mode of transportation in which they arrived. If nobody gets hurt and there are no damages, it is best to not let your pride take control and you should just walk or ride away, regardless of what your role is in any given situation.

So, what happens when a Bike rider causes an accident or does damage to a four wheeler ( like kicking a dent in your door, kicking out a tail light), they don't have insurance or any other requirement to pay, so they get away with doing all kinds of damage to your car, and your left holding the bag to get your stuff fixed!

So, what happens when a Bike rider causes an accident or does damage to a four wheeler ( like kicking a dent in your door, kicking out a tail light), they don't have insurance or any other requirement to pay, so they get away with doing all kinds of damage to your car, and your left holding the bag to get your stuff fixed!
Very true! It's not like u can get their license plate. The only other way I can see is to commit to following them around until the cops show up. In a small community that would probably work. But I think smaller communities may be less likely to have these problems simply because roads are often wider and both fewer bikers and fewer cars.

Around here the cops simply would never come unfortunately so it wouldn't work to follow them around. I have done this for a person trying to break into businesses and homes Fe and they never came after 45 mins of following them on foot. They might come if u reported the biker pointed a gun at you but even then response time can be up to 1.5 hours so it's a huge time commitment. And I wouldn't feel great about having to lie just to get the police to show up. Plus it potentially could be taking them away from other incidents where life threatening violence may be in play.

The only time I have had a confrontation with a driver of a car when I am on a bike is when the driver decides the cycling lane I am legally obligated to use is handy for their use too. Having said that I fully acknowledge that many cyclists do not adhere to the rules of the road .

It's interesting how enraging traffic incidents can be. I was once driving in heavy rush-hour traffic on a four-lane highway. A car roared into a transient space in the fast lane, and pulled into the space in front of me cutting me off so hard I had to slam the brakes on to keep from hitting it. Then he dodged around the next car, cutting it off too. I went from whistling a jolly tune to being so angry my entire body turned red and hot from rage all in an instant. Did I immediately start chasing him and...of course not. I slowed down to put as much space and as many cars between me and the reckless driver as possible and channeled my anger into instantly composing a song. Very cathartic. Lyrics below.

The Traffic Song

You weave through heavy traffic. You always drive real fast.
When someone's in your way, with your horn you give a blast.
It would badly hurt your ego to let yourself be passed,
and you think it's quite amusing to drive when you are gassed.

Chorus
A$$hole go away, man. A$$hole go away.
Why the Lord made a$$holes, I could never say.
I don't want some a$$hole cr@pping up my day.
A$$hole go away. A$$hole go away.

You drive a slinky sports car. You think you're mighty cute.
Well listen to me buddy boy, that's something I dispute.
I would dearly love to give your rvmp a boot.
When your parents had you, I think they blew it.

You love to hear your brakes squeal. You think that you're so slick.
You hump and pump the peddle like you thought it was your wick.
Someone ought to tell you that a car is not a pr!ck,
and stupid a$$hole driving will not enlarge your d!ck.

Spandex mafia, true they seem to have attitudes. Personally I think it stems from their junk being jammed back up into their bodies from that too tight spandex.

Personally, I give them sufficient space so as to
Not have to deal with them. Not a hill I'm willing to fight for, who cares about Spandex Ridge...

:s0140:

I actually feel the same way about pedestrians of all flavors who love to jaywalk . I've noted on more than one occasion that the homeless around Salem have a pell mell attitude about crossing busy streets where no safe crossing exists and cars are traveling 30 to 40 mph .

before moving here I'd not observed that sort of behavior as OKC has significantly less homeless and the speeds on main streets in okc outside of downtown are 50 miles an hour . It's a city built for cars not for other forms of transportation. To its credit OKC has built trails for cyclists to use they just don't have extensive networks of bike lanes or sharrows . They're are some in certain parts of the city but truthfully I'd never cycle OKC the way I do Salem , not willing to roll the dice with my life to that level.

I actually feel the same way about pedestrians of all flavors who love to jaywalk . I've noted on more than one occasion that the homeless around Salem have a pell mell attitude about crossing busy streets where no safe crossing exists and cars are traveling 30 to 40 mph .
Yes, this, very sad that Market and Lancaster have turned into a game of Frogger. I would like to see the homeless problem improved but not by having people killed walking across streets!

Related to the OP, it seems he was out and going about his business when he was confronted. But this is a good lesson for us to consider our options and how we would use our vehicles in various situations. The transitional space between vehicle and structure leaves us vulnerable. Checking our temper is vital. Case in SoCal where a young boy was killed in a road rage, just arrested two over the weekend. Article I read said mom made a "gesture" to the other driver who then fired rounds into her car, killing the boy. Completely the suspect's fault for the crime, but mom has to live with her actions for the rest of her life. There was just a movie out about this with Russell Crowe, appropriately titled, "Unhinged."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top