JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our first trip to Aridzona for moms cancer treatments founde and Dad doing lots of running around for various needs and supplies. This one day took us to the north side of town and the roads and traffic signals are different then I'm used to. Got to a 4 way with center dividers both directions and wired for the light, as the light for me turned green, this dude in his caddy pulls out in front of me, i slam on the breaks and he starts honking and shouting, and making threatening moves and starts to open his door while I see the muzzle of a pistol come up. I gently drove forward about 4 feet and pushed my bumper into his driver's side door pinning him inside and unable to shoot unless he rolls down his window. I then backed up about a foot and then nudged him again. He had two choices, back up or pull forward risking more damage to his caddy, or he could roll down the window and face off against two of us now pointing 1911s at him! He dropped his piece and started to pull forward so I backed up and let him go! He decided to keep on truckin instead of squaring off with us! Glad it didn't escalate, but we were both prepared to do what needed done should it have gone south on us!

No doubt I included the part about the flag I did set because I feel like crap for not confronting dog/flag/lady, but I also forgot to mention she was a hundred feet from and headed towards a skate park full of people that were probably not going to be on my side.

But I still feel bad. Dog Lady was not a fight I was mentally prepared to have on two second's notice.

Sorry for the double post, but back to the OP.
In my case, stopping my car and exiting the vehicle to confront her would have pinned every possible negative outcome on me for being the instigator. Honor and pride not withstanding, I made the correct call. She was no threat to me. I was on my way home. I am not a LEO. Except maybe the one from Oz.

people who ride without a massive shoulder are fools, I don't know how many times I've heard of people I knew getting hit by cars in Seattle... I don't ride unless it's a bike path, or there is a lane worth of shoulder.

people who ride without a massive shoulder are fools, I don't know how many times I've heard of people I knew getting hit by cars in Seattle... I don't ride unless it's a bike path, or there is a lane worth of shoulder.
I for a decade or so lived close enough to work to ride when weather was nice and I was in better shape :D. Wore out a couple mountain type bikes. I was NEVER brave enough to ride in the road. Even though it is some kind of "violation" here to ride on the sidewalks I did. Now of course I did not crowd people and such. If I had ever had an LEO stop me and tell me I could not ride on the walk I would have just gone back to driving. Place I worked a few others started using a bike when they saw me doing it and one of them did get warned about no lights at night. The one got warned, then a week or so later another stop they warned him "we are done warning you", get a light or do not ride. Maybe this was why I was never bothered? I did use couple lights to make sure I could be seen. In any case I was never brave enough to ride on the road with the cars. A lot of people on bikes act like they are in a tank the way they get aggressive with cars. Its like they have a death wish.

I for a decade or so lived close enough to work to ride when weather was nice and I was in better shape :D. Wore out a couple mountain type bikes. I was NEVER brave enough to ride in the road. Even though it is some kind of "violation" here to ride on the sidewalks I did. Now of course I did not crowd people and such. If I had ever had an LEO stop me and tell me I could not ride on the walk I would have just gone back to driving. Place I worked a few others started using a bike when they saw me doing it and one of them did get warned about no lights at night. The one got warned, then a week or so later another stop they warned him "we are done warning you", get a light or do not ride. Maybe this was why I was never bothered? I did use couple lights to make sure I could be seen. In any case I was never brave enough to ride on the road with the cars. A lot of people on bikes act like they are in a tank the way they get aggressive with cars. Its like they have a death wish.
Yea here some guys on bikes act like it's their personal mission to show cars that the cars have to get out of their way. I've followed bicycles doing 10 mph riding side by side with 5 feet in between them and taking up the entire road lane and not caring one bit they were holding up traffic. The worst I've had is a kid on his bike coming toward me in the oncoming road lane and then purposely getting in my lane. It's crazy what some of these ppl do. No way am I going to hit some kid on a bike so u have to stop or pull over. But what if some other driver wasn't paying attention?

I think there is a general hate for cars among a lot of the population here and a lot of pedestrians won't even break their stride or sometimes they don't even look for traffic before crossing. They just expect cars to stop for them. I guess they were never taught to look both ways before crossing the street. They were probably taught "the bad cars have to stop for you, it's the law" or some such. Lots of entitlement, little common sense.

Yea here some guys on bikes act like it's their personal mission to show cars that the cars have to get out of their way. I've followed bicycles doing 10 mph riding side by side with 5 feet in between them and taking up the entire road lane and not caring one bit they were holding up traffic.
Annoying, childish, and impolite people on both sides. I can see it from the bikers side a bit too - there are a lot of incompetents out there driving and if they give up 70% of the lane to facilitate a safe pass, they risk being crowded off the road by a nincompoop who isn't aware of where his vehicle sits in the lane.

Could do with more civility in our civilization overall.

Riding in the road risks the drunk, or someone focusing on their phone reading facebook... too much risk to ride in the road.

Offsetting stupidity, still second at 10. PenatlyFlag.jpg

Since this is Florida, do alligators have to yield 3 feet to a cyclist?

Or can they just eat them?
So last year I was walking on a bike trail in Florida. I pass a sign that shows bikes yield to pedestrians and everyone yield to horses. Then I see and alligator on the trail. Called my wife (who lived there for many years) and confirmed that gators maintain the right of way. I think I heard her fall while laughing.

Any state that has prehistoric creatures roaming bike paths, (and pools) is just not right.

Riding in the road risks the drunk, or someone focusing on their phone reading facebook... too much risk to ride in the road.
A few years ago, some guy got all funded to kick a soccer ball from up here all the way to Argentina. He died in Oregon on 101 a few days into it. Guess how.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top