JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
From what I can gather, illegal immigrants are suing because they can't have guns, and it's making women cry...I just don't get why illegal immigrants think our Bill of Rights and Constitution apply to them. Pay some taxes and become a citizen- then they will, otherwise STFU...

<broken link removed>

So you think you're rights as an American extend to whatever country you find yourself in? Try carrying a gun in the UK and see what happens. I have read the Constitution in fact, and the Bill of Rights- and it is my opinion they apply to people of this country and not people that are here illegally. I'm reasonably sure any number of countries around the world don't give a rat's buttock about my rights as an American when in their country. Why can't I vote in Russia's elections? I have the right to vote here...

Maybe because the Constitution (you might want to read it sometime) makes no mention of the immigration status of the People that have rights?

No need to insult other posters the SCOTUS hasn't taken it up yet.

DENVER &#8211; A federal appeals court says illegal immigrants don't have a right to own firearms under the U.S. Constitution.

Emmanuel Huitron-Guizar of Wyoming pleaded guilty to being an illegal immigrant in possession of firearms after his arrest last year. He was ordered held by immigration authorities at the Natrona County Detention Center in Wyoming.

An attorney for Huitron-Guizar appealed the case, saying illegal immigrants are not excluded from possessing firearms like felons and people who are mentally ill, and should have the same rights as U.S. citizens to buy a gun for hunting and protection.

The 10th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver ruled Monday that illegal immigrants have only limited protection under the Constitution.

Huitron-Guizar's attorney didn't return a call seeking comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/08/court-says-illegal-immigrants-cant-have-guns/

Case Law http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-10th-circuit/1600432.html

From what I can gather, illegal immigrants are suing because they can't have guns, and it's making women cry...I just don't get why illegal immigrants think our Bill of Rights and Constitution apply to them. Pay some taxes and become a citizen- then they will, otherwise STFU...

<broken link removed>

Free speech, due process and right to self-defense don't apply to non-citizens?

Also implying the right to bear arms needs to be "bought" with by feeding tax money to the federal monster. Next you'll say people need to serve in government murder squads to "earn" their right to own a gun.

I do not believe illegal immigrants are due the same rights and freedoms as citizens- furthermore if they have already made the choice to be in this country illegally, why should they care if they can legally own a firearm? Clearly the law isn't of major concern to them

While I think all eligible (by current legal definition) people (notice I didn't say citizens) should have unfettered access to firearms, as long as the rest of us have to be qualified by the answers on a Form 4473, so should immigrants.

By definition, an illegal alien/immigrant fails to qualify by virtue of section 11, question K.
K. Are you an alien illegally in the United States'

<broken link removed>

Because the government gives them the same rights as us plus they get a lot more benefits then we do. Really fair ha?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying that this country doesn't need the illegal immigrants to do the jobs Americans are too lazy or unwilling to do anymore, I'm just saying that by the very nature of them being here illegally, they are not entitled to the same rights as a legal citizen IMO.

I don't get it either. I wonder why they don't have the same rights as the normal lawful citizen? Gee, would it be the "illegal" part in illegal alien? Convicted falons do not have the right to own guns or to vote, either.

So you think you're rights as an American extend to whatever country you find yourself in? Try carrying a gun in the UK and see what happens. I have read the Constitution in fact, and the Bill of Rights- and it is my opinion they apply to people of this country and not people that are here illegally. I'm reasonably sure any number of countries around the world don't give a rat's buttock about my rights as an American when in their country. Why can't I vote in Russia's elections? I have the right to vote here...

Those other countries don't have constitutions with the same text as the US Constitution, thus your deduction doesn't apply.

I'm not saying that this country doesn't need the illegal immigrants to do the jobs Americans are too lazy or unwilling to do anymore, I'm just saying that by the very nature of them being here illegally, they are not entitled to the same rights as a legal citizen IMO.

It's our established practice to restrict rights, as none of them are legally unlimited. We don't let persons under 18 to vote, we don't let persons under 21 to buy alcohol, we don't let felons to own guns, or foreigners to take government jobs. Constitutionally gun ownership is protected for citizens and permanent residents, for everybody else it's a matter of policy.

I say that guy tried to bite more than he can swallow - think of the NRA lawsuit in Texas (handgun ownership for persons under 21) which failed in the district court, and it was a much smaller piece.

Their are natural "rights", and there are things we call "rights" basic human rights belong to everyone...and yes, that includes the right to defend yourself from someone that would harm you. The bill of rights should apply equally to everyone...and I do believe, eventually, it will. It used to.

That is why it used to be said that a felon gave up his constitutionally protected rights when he was incarcerated. Does the right still exist? yes, actually it does still exists, but society, as a force, has removed the access to it for the safety of society. It that a good thing? That I am not commenting on, only that the right still exists, as the right to self preservation is a basic human right.

The first thing you have to remember, just because there is a government sanctioned "Law" does not make something right or wrong, it makes it legal/illegal and thst is all.

My mind has been blown reading that there are people on here advocating for ILLEGAL's to be able to own guns. The only part of a gun they should see is the barrel as they get marched back across the border. Why do we secure the 38th parrallel in Korea when we can't secure our southern border?

My mind has been blown reading that there are people on here advocating for ILLEGAL's to be able to own guns. The only part of a gun they should see is the barrel as they get marched back across the border. Why do we secure the 38th parrallel in Korea when we can't secure our southern border?

Becuase the largest donors to either major political party are corporations with a vested interest in readily available, disposable, cheap labor. The Korean border is another matter entirely.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top