JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Drug cartels and various gangs are all across this nation. The border states do have their own special problems.

MEXICO does have their own problems when it comes to drug cartels, kidnappings, gangs and corrupt government officials too. (So do we.)

The post - film footage may be from RT but it was on many main stream and not so much main stream news sources online too.

It was on my OTA aka over the air (Free with a super tiny indoor antenna.) boob tube stations on the national and LOCAL Montana news too.

IT was a large news story.

I read news from all across America and international news too. I read RT on and off too. I am an avid reader, news/political junkie (Since I was 12 years old.) and I READ from all sides of the political spectrum.

I don't WANT an AR rifle but if someone else wants one and LIKES to shoot it - more power to them. I have shot a few of them in the past - I did not LIKE them at all. NO offense to any person here. I liked my former, heavier lever action rifles more and, now, I love my bolt action rifle a LOT too.

I encouraged my MT husband to buy one (Bushmaster from Maine. NIB from SW.) years ago. He sold it down the road and prefers shooting his bolt action and lever action rifles more. He loves his Glock pistols too.

I think that it is all about WANT not need but I do understand or think that I do understand the point that the OP meant when he put up the original post.

Cate
ADDED more and typos.

PS:

I do consider a AR rifle just another rifle - no more - no less. Yes, it does hold more rounds which in some cases mean a LOT in a self defense situation!

If I still shot CF rifles, I would pick one of our two present 30-30 rifles or former 357Magnum or former 45Long Colt lever action rifles over a .223 rifle no matter if the .223 rifle was IN a bolt action or semi automatic rifle.

My MT husband has a tack driver .223 bolt action rifle that he dearly loves. For power in some SPECIFIC Situations depending on the Range and Terrain, he would take his older 30-06, 45-70 or 30-30 over a .223 rifle no matter how much he LOVES his .223 rifle. Do they (Above examples.) have the same round capacity as his former Bushmaster rifle? NO.

Cate
ADDED more.

Because we can...

I have one set up very similar in appearance to an M-16A1, except for the lower receiver and it fires only in semi-automatic. Foreigners that I fully trust get to shoot it, and just the look on their face and excitement to be able to shoot something that they can't even touch in their own country. That makes me appreciate the freedoms we have here even more.

Another reason can be back injuries. I really great guy I know has 300 BO with a can. He can not shoot anything with much recoil. His 300 BO AR15 and his sub-sonic load developments are his "therapy" and diversion from the pain.

I recently saw a review for a hunting caliber legal AR barrel and the reviewer was excited because he would be able to configure a hunting rifle with low recoil for his wife troubled with arthritis.

Also, AR-15's are available in a plethora of calibers from 22LR to 500 Beowulf, from mass produced factory loads to niche calibers available from one or two sources, such as the 300 HAM'R from Wilson Tactical and 375 SOCOM from SBR Ammunition to wildcats for handloaders. Some say there are more calibers than Baskin Robins has flavors...

Plus the platform is modular...fixed carry handles, flat tops, free floating hand guards, available for left and right handed shooters, side chargers...pistols, SBR's...and available in all sorts of different colors...
Great response, and so true! I got a light-weight Colt M4gery when lugging heavier rifles started to become an issue.

1) There are literally thousands of posts here from Patriots willing to defend their constitutional rights at ALL costs.
Yes, but given the new climate of ERPOs, maybe it's better not to let them know what you really think. I would rather they find it a surprise when it actually happens.
2) "You know what that is? It's a porcelain rock made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!"
Uhh - what is the purpose of it? Other than smacking somebody on an airplane why would you spend a month's income on it?
If I have to smack somebody on a airplane, I'll dump all my change into a sock for an instant slung shot. Batteries work too. :D

Another reason can be back injuries. I really great guy I know has 300 BO with a can. He can not shoot anything with much recoil. His 300 BO AR15 and his sub-sonic load developments are his "therapy" and diversion from the pain.
They also make subsonic soft points for .300 blk designed to expand at low velocities. Can reload them too (I think they sell the bullets separately?).

Manual of arms and the servicing of the AR platform is easier to understand for many people than other platforms. Of course that will vary depending on how much time you've spent with a given platform. I can field service an AK in a pinch but taking it down further than that is something I'd leave to someone with more experience. An AR on the other hand, I can take down to the springs and pins. I'm not an incredibly mechanically inclined person either. :confused:

This whole discussion really boils down to, whatever turns your crank. Face bigsmyl.gif

Personally, I think an AR is ugly. I refer to them as, "HMS" rifles (Hang More Stuff), but I'm fascinated by the, "Do it yourself" aspect of them. They can be anything from a pellet gun, (for practice in the garage), to a .50 cal for hunting buffalo, just by pulling two pins and changing the upper. No special skills involved.

Thank you all for the comments.
I appreciate that some of you understood where I was trying to come from with all this.
But the range of replies here pretty much illustrate my point.

As for singling out an "AR" I was using the common fearful catch-all slang everyone seems to want to shirk from defending.

Not everyone has the luxury of living the life of an ostrich behind castle walls.
This is starting to be too common here on the west coast now - you'd have to be blind not to see it.
Because it's already here.

View attachment 625855
Before I retired in 2011, we had over 13,000 documented (identified) gang members living in Modesto. That's just the ones who'd admit they were gang affiliated. MS13 is the worst of the worst.
You don't need an AR, you need two AR's. Because two is one and one is none in combat.:mad:

Before I retired in 2011, we had over 13,000 documented (identified) gang members living in Modesto. That's just the ones who'd admit they were gang affiliated. MS13 is the worst of the worst.
You don't need an AR, you need two AR's. Because two is one and one is none in combat.:mad:
And three is glee, and it's always good to have a spare for a friend who's joining you in a Pick-Up Game. :)

Well........................

Mexico has it's own problems, as long as they stay in Mexico, live and let live says me!
and the people here are being used and abused by the cartels down there, families harassed and abused to get compliance for the drugs to get distributed here! Don't forget a lot of the gangs are also members of the cartel's and maintain affiliations!

Now, If I were King, I would deploy U.S. Intel assets to locate and track these cartels, send in the Marines to kill them all, and burn down their crops, and then send Mexico the bill in the form of increased trade tariffs! I would make it so Mexico plays ball on what ever U.S. Policy that comes their way, and they would do so happily!

20191026_235830.jpg

20191026_235848.jpg

Why do you need an AR?

Simple because there are elitists within our government who believe you should be allowed to own one...

So be sure to get two or three in different configurations. Plus they're just plain fun to shoot!

Actually I have no idea why anyone needs an AR, AK, or any other firearm for that matter. Of course I don't know why anyone is "entitled" to "free" health care/college education/housing/food/driver's license/voter ID/whatever (who IS paying for the "free" stuff any way? Do the people teaching, issuing, feeding, etc. do it all supply everything for free too?) either.

Well sure, we have a Constitutional "right to own and bare", but if we can get rid of one, why not the rest? "People use firearms illegally!" and....? They don't use cars illegally? Don't cars kill more people every week than guns do all year?! Why not ban cars? Or bikes, or swimming pools, or bath tubs? "Right to travel"? So what! "News" (I use that term VERY loosely) papers and TV LIE to us every day (SeeBS "Guns Of Autumn", NBC 'GM trucks blow up if rear ended (and gas tank wired with explosives)", "Trump is/was....", so why not ban the "right" to a "free" press?! No need for public trials, Star Chambers are sooooo much faster and easier!

The general standard for the average citizen is possessing the capacity to step outside of your front door and place 10 shots into a stop sign at 200 yards within five minutes at any time of the day.

Zeroed...

Can Beto come anywhere close to that?

View attachment 628317
Meanypants, you just threatened Bleato O'Dork and made him cry and pee his frilly pink panties... :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top